I'm really hoping for an optional Keeper role in the future.

By Xenu's Paradox, in Arkham Horror: The Card Game

Probably introduced in (but not the sole feature of) a premium expansion.

I mean, for a card game/RPG hybrid, the ability to have one player customize scenarios and campaigns, direct the antagonists, and provide a definite narrative interpretatiin to the gameplay would definitely appeal to a particular subset of players. Not only does it increase immersion, it adds challenge and replay value.

I don't know if we will see this from ffg. But I am positive players will make fan made content. It would be fun if a fan made something like this

One player against others doesn't seem to work that well in the cardgame and boardgame format. Mansion of madness is a good example of that and we all know how the second edition works now. Even descent has expansions and app that make it into cooperative game. It's no wonder to be honest. People who are interested in that kind of experience will just buy the books, take out some pencils , print character sheets , roll some dice and run an rpg game. And people who are into the rpg games don't have that dedication to buy all the stuff and play it, because spend their time and money in the world of pen and paper games. I am an rpg player and i want to have a game that i can just pick and play, not preparing for hours. Look on sells of expansions that turn cooperative game into one is evil being versus players - it is most likely expansion that sells the least of copies out of all expansions. Like ghost stories for example.

Don't hold your breath.

Don't hold your breath.

This is on a general level a good advice for life, unless you are under water :D