Electronic Resources?

By Iram, in Star Wars: Age of Rebellion Beginner Game

I run a D&D group that meets online. We're scattered all over the country; I'm in Texas but I've got players spread out from Massachusetts to Washington state.

I picked up a copy of the Age of Rebellion Beginner Game as an intermission between D&D campaigns. Cool boxed set, but the paper character folios and maps aren't much good to me.

Does FFG have any electronic copies of the two maps and character folios available?

I can deal with the special dice by just pointing a webcam at a table and rolling on video, but I really need a way to distribute character folios.

Next game is 7 PM Monday, so snail mail isn't an option.

ETA: A JPEG of the printed "opening scroll" would be nice too. Kicking that off with music would really pull players in.

Edited by Iram

Unfortunately for all of us, Fantasy Flight does not have the license to release their games as electronic media, because that's electronic gaming and EA has that license. They can only do character sheets and a few supporting resources.

You could have them download copies of the character sheet and give them the numbers to fill out from the character folios, then copy the backstories in text. Either that or scan it.

Eek, sounds like this is going to be more trouble than it's worth.

One more reason to hate EA...

ETA: I see that there's two PDF characters available for each of the beginner games. Anyone try running the Age of Rebellion intro adventure using just those? I've got 4 PC's.

I suppose I can take photos of the maps and intro scroll...

Edited by Iram

If you use Roll20, there's a dice simulator that includes Destiny points.

I suppose you could use the PDF bonus characters from each beginner box and have a mish-mosh from each game line. It may not balance right for the AoR adventure.

as far as the scroll goes you can just copy the text into here.

https://brorlandi.github.io/StarWarsIntroCreator/

we use it at the start of every game and it does create quite the mood

There are also several apps that convert photos into PDFs

as far as the scroll goes you can just copy the text into here.

https://brorlandi.github.io/StarWarsIntroCreator/

we use it at the start of every game and it does create quite the mood

Your link seemed broken... at least for me. Googling StarWarsIntroCreator will still get your there. Pretty cool site.

One more reason to hate EA...

ETA: I see that there's two PDF characters available for each of the beginner games. Anyone try running the Age of Rebellion intro adventure using just those? I've got 4 PC's.

As I understand it, it's not actually EA's fault. From what I've heard, the Star Wars RPG license is basically unchanged from when West End Games got it in the late 1980's, long before the distribution of tabletop RPGs as PDFs was an option. All electronic gaming was lumped into one licence at around the same time and now resides with EA. It could be changed, but the respective lawyers from EA and the Mouse House would have to come to an agreement, and you can judge for yourself how soon that would happen.

One more reason to hate EA... ETA: I see that there's two PDF characters available for each of the beginner games. Anyone try running the Age of Rebellion intro adventure using just those? I've got 4 PC's.

As I understand it, it's not actually EA's fault. From what I've heard, the Star Wars RPG license is basically unchanged from when West End Games got it in the late 1980's, long before the distribution of tabletop RPGs as PDFs was an option. All electronic gaming was lumped into one licence at around the same time and now resides with EA. It could be changed, but the respective lawyers from EA and the Mouse House would have to come to an agreement, and you can judge for yourself how soon that would happen.

Also factor in the logistics of that agreement. No company likes to renegotiate contracts like that until it's necessary. So, unless EA's and FFG's contracts came up for renewal at the same time, it would require renegotiation during the term of one or both licenses.

Use oggdude's character creator and orokos.com to roll