Everything is Sold Out?

By WFPII, in Star Wars: Imperial Assault

Can someone explain to me why every IA product is sold out on the Fantasy Flight site? I understand Boba Fett but even core expansions are out.

Can someone explain to me why every IA product is sold out on the Fantasy Flight site? I understand Boba Fett but even core expansions are out.

You can't buy them direction from FFG anymore. I can't remember all the details. Actually I think this is one merchandise line where Boba is not rare, and therefor sells no worse or better than any figure.

It has to do with FFG's licensing agreement for the start wars IP I believe. They're not allowed to sell their product online or somesuch nonsense.

Is there any way we can post a sticky that FFG isn't able to sell IA stuff on their website?

Not available is different than Sold out (" Out of stock " as this site defined it).

Hasbro is the Star Wars boardgame license holder in the US/NA. FFG has made some agreement with them. Apparently it includes FFG not being able to sell Imperial Assault online - they can still sell it from their game center (?) store.

Edited by a1bert

Not available is different than Sold out.

Hasbro is the Star Wars boardgame license holder in the US/NA. FFG has made some agreement with them. Apparently it includes FFG not being able to sell Imperial Assault online - they can still sell it from their game center (?) store.

Correct. Their store functions as a regular gaming store including selling other companies products.

You can't buy imperial assault at the ffg booth at gencon either. It's sold through a secondary distributor which is why it's always "sold out". It's really anoying but what can you do? You get it cheaper buying it from one of the big online game stores anyway.