The Black Cowl's tactics in combat

By Romus, in WFRP Gamemasters

I could have sworn there were round by round tactics listed somewhere for the Black Cowl, but I can't find them in the Enemy Within book. Am I just imagining things?

It would also be nice to hear how your final fight developed and what the Black Cowl did.

I don't believe there are round by round guidelines, as the B.C's tactics and abilities will vary by your choice of B.C. - are they a fighter, wizard or other type enhanced?

I suggest having lots of mooks and a good "lieutenant" threat as no single foe can stand up to pounding by multiple PC's long enough "have a credible on stage presence". Mooks with "my life for yours" actions and who do nothing but stand by taking "Improved Guarded Position Actions", who stand side-by-side so "no you can't surround them, actually only two can fight at a time" or who purposely intervene, "no you can't get a clear shot, if the mook makes a Agility check they block" etc.

Those are really my thoughts for making any 'big boss' fight memorable.

The other thing I have done is treat a single character as multiple ones (more than one action).

I don't believe there are round by round guidelines, as the B.C's tactics and abilities will vary by your choice of B.C. - are they a fighter, wizard or other type enhanced?

I suggest having lots of mooks and a good "lieutenant" threat as no single foe can stand up to pounding by multiple PC's long enough "have a credible on stage presence". Mooks with "my life for yours" actions and who do nothing but stand by taking "Improved Guarded Position Actions", who stand side-by-side so "no you can't surround them, actually only two can fight at a time" or who purposely intervene, "no you can't get a clear shot, if the mook makes a Agility check they block" etc.

Those are really my thoughts for making any 'big boss' fight memorable.

The other thing I have done is treat a single character as multiple ones (more than one action).

Yeah I don't want the final fight to be a push over, thanks for the tips.