Personal weakness

By Drakthal, in Arkham Horror: The Card Game

So i was just wondering. Is it possible in any way to look at a weakness card and see which investigator it is linked to.

As far as i can see you cannot see that, and thereby do you only know which card to get from the rulebook? Furthermore do you think other players can get that weakness if that character is not in the game (as their random weakness)

No. Obviously, each unique weakness is attributed to a certain character, as well as as their unique assets (like Roland's gun and cover up, because neither his gun nor his need to cover up due to him being a fed would make sense on other characters).

Without many cards to reference from, it is hard to say for sure. From what I see, personal weakness is labelled weakness while the random ones are labelled basic weakness.

So i was just wondering. Is it possible in any way to look at a weakness card and see which investigator it is linked to.

As far as i can see you cannot see that, and thereby do you only know which card to get from the rulebook? Furthermore do you think other players can get that weakness if that character is not in the game (as their random weakness)

The personal weaknesses are listed as "must includes" on the character card itself (deckbuilding requirements and limits are on the back). Basic weaknesses are, I believe, labelled as such as DarkFate mentions.

Ahh ok thanks :)

Seems like such an awesome mechanic too - you're wanting to draw cards because...well it's a card game and drawing cards is always good. Plus you can pitch them to skill tests. But the more you draw the more likely you are to draw into your weakness.

ahc01_card_wendy-adams_back.png

ahc01-abandoned-and-alone.png

ahc01-amnesia.png

Wow... though weakness the A&A. Thx Toq.

Wow... though weakness the A&A. Thx Toq.

You're welcome. All of this was available when game was announced. It's in the Read More section on the main page.