FFG Humor (Star Wars & The Imperium of Man)

By MorbidDon, in Dark Heresy Gamemasters

. . . Does C-3PO speak the Linguis Techna or Binaric or whatever it's called? Because that might make him double technoheretical

. . . Does C-3PO speak the Linguis Techna or Binaric or whatever it's called? Because that might make him double technoheretical

All droids speak binary. C3PO would have the Polygot talent.

All droids speak binary. C3PO would have the Polygot talent.

The Lingua-Technis isn't just real-world binary as far as I know. It uses binary, but it has an incredible complex hierarchical set of tenses (I think that's the word the author used, I would call them something else) for varying levels of formality, according to Mechanicum (the HH novel - it's fun, you get to see titans). I would be supprised if 3PO could speak it, but he can speak to the ewoks, so . . .

Your most powerful psykers can choke people with their minds and shoot lightning from their fingers?

Dawww. That's adorable.

Unless this is Legends Star Wars in which case they have Force Users that can wipe entire planets by themselves (Nihilus, Sidious, Naga Sadow, Vitiate/Valkorrian), telekinetically throw entire armies solo (Yoda), and generally, at upper tiers, move faster than Space Marines. Along with the whole "Turbolasers > Nukes" calcs that have cropped up. Also worth noting that the whole "choke people with their minds" can be done at ranges of hundreds of light years away, which to be honest, I have never seen a 40k Psyker pull off.

Actually, now that I think of it, taking down entire armies solo is pretty standard fare for upper-crust Jedi and Sith. In the Darth Plagueis novel Sidious and Plagueis made training exercises of massacring armies on underdeveloped worlds. Mace, Yoda, Darth Bane, Darth Revan, Meetra Surik all have feats of that caliber easily.

It'd be an unpleasant round for both Star Wars and 40k both, if it's Legends.

Of course if it's Disney Canon, yeah, Star Wars better go get the lube.

Edited by ColArana

Even in current canon Darth Vader pulled the pins off of the grenades of an entire battalion of Rebel troopers. An impressive feat for so much finesse and force (physical) required.

It's also important to remember that Jedi / Sith can do all of these things with zero risk of opening a rift into a daemon-infested realm of pure malevolence.

It's also important to remember that Jedi / Sith can do all of these things with zero risk of opening a rift into a daemon-infested realm of pure malevolence.

but where's the fun in that? :P

It does mean that they have NO EXPERIENCE of dealing with aforesaid rifts and what can come through, so the first time one of the IG's sanctionites (or a newly awakened psyker from the ranks) has a problem while on the battle front...

It does mean that they have NO EXPERIENCE of dealing with aforesaid rifts and what can come through, so the first time one of the IG's sanctionites (or a newly awakened psyker from the ranks) has a problem while on the battle front...