When Revealing a Scheme - Rains of Castamere

By Rick IsLitFam, in Rules Questions

Sorry for blowing up the boards, I'm just so excited for the new Rains agenda! I have so many new ideas! Ahhh! :D

That being said, I want to ensure I have this mechanic down:

Rains reads: "After you win an challenge by 5 or more STR, kneel your faction card to reveal a Scheme plot. If that card leaves play, remove it from the game."

My question is, once the scheme plot has been revealed, is your other plot nullified?

For example, if I play Marching Orders where I cannot marshal locations, attachments or play events. Then, once I reveal my scheme plot, does that nullify Marching Orders and give me the ability to play events?

Sorry for blowing up the boards, I'm just so excited for the new Rains agenda! I have so many new ideas! Ahhh! :D

That being said, I want to ensure I have this mechanic down:

Rains reads: "After you win an challenge by 5 or more STR, kneel your faction card to reveal a Scheme plot. If that card leaves play, remove it from the game."

My question is, once the scheme plot has been revealed, is your other plot nullified?

For example, if I play Marching Orders where I cannot marshal locations, attachments or play events. Then, once I reveal my scheme plot, does that nullify Marching Orders and give me the ability to play events?

Rules Reference, Page 15

xxWhen a player reveals a new plot card, it leaves the
plot deck and enters the revealed state. Place it on
top of that player's previously revealed plot card. This
removes the previously revealed plot card from play,
and replaces it with the newly revealed plot card. All
plot cards under a player’s currently revealed plot
card are considered that player’s used pile.
Since Rains uses the word reveal here, yes, the new plot becomes your revealed plot, the old one goes to your used pile (inactive, if you like).

Whether or not the effect of the old plot is "nullified" will depend on that plot's actual text. Continuous effects will stop. Lasting effects will not.