Keeping the Community Together

By Gregor Eisenhorn, in Deathwatch

I was thinking more about accessibility - we already know about it, but potential new guests later will not. And if they don't know it exists, they won't come here, and DW forums are already more underpopulated than Watch Station Skapula lately.

Yeah, it seems Roll for Heresy is down. Shame, it seems we have to use this forum for now, and when it's gone... no idea, perhaps we'll just fade like other RPG systems, or something, and end up with one topic on some larger RPG forum. GITP forum seems to have one combined 40k RPG topic, although combining very popular DH/RT posts with nearly non existent DW posts is not a good solution.

By the way, Gurkhal, did you turn off private messages? I tried to PM you, but I can't for some reason, there is no option for sending it in your profile...

No, when I look at my settings I should be recieving PMs without any problem. If you can send them to me, I have no idea what would be the problem. :(

EDITED: Roll for heresy seems to be up and running now, though. :)

Edited by Gurkhal

Yeah, it seems Roll for Heresy is down. Shame, it seems we have to use this forum for now, and when it's gone... no idea, perhaps we'll just fade like other RPG systems, or something, and end up with one topic on some larger RPG forum. GITP forum seems to have one combined 40k RPG topic, although combining very popular DH/RT posts with nearly non existent DW posts is not a good solution.

By the way, Gurkhal, did you turn off private messages? I tried to PM you, but I can't for some reason, there is no option for sending it in your profile...

No, when I look at my settings I should be recieving PMs without any problem. If you can send them to me, I have no idea what would be the problem. :(

Can you PM me? Maybe there's some problem on my side (although I can send PM's to other people no problem; there's just no "Send me a PM" button on your profile, for some weird reason).

// EDIT I tried PM'ing you with manually, and I got this:

"The following errors were found

The member Gurkhal can not use the messaging system

This personal message has not been sent"

Back on topic - yay, Roll is up again! Although, is it only me or there are only few posts on their forum suddenly? Like, 50 posts on whole Forum? Did something disappear? It looks like some older back-up was used.

Edited by Alank2

Can you PM me? Maybe there's some problem on my side (although I can send PM's to other people no problem; there's just no "Send me a PM" button on your profile, for some weird reason).

// EDIT I tried PM'ing you with manually, and I got this:

"The following errors were found

The member Gurkhal can not use the messaging system

This personal message has not been sent"

Back on topic - yay, Roll is up again! Although, is it only me or there are only few posts on their forum suddenly? Like, 50 posts on whole Forum? Did something disappear? It looks like some older back-up was used.

Tried to PM you but was unable to find the PM button. I guess we'll have to settle it in the open. :(

But yeah, looks like Roll for Heresy was effectively gutted, and I would also think that some older copies are used.

rpng.freeforums.org

We have a place. ;) Been running for three and a half years now and we always welcome more people to come talk 40k and play in some PbP games. Feel free.

rpng.freeforums.org

We have a place. ;) Been running for three and a half years now and we always welcome more people to come talk 40k and play in some PbP games. Feel free.

This is nice but it would be much stronger if there was a central place where a forum like yours could run as subforum, bringing more gamers together.

Alex

rpng.freeforums.org

This is nice but it would be much stronger if there was a central place where a forum like yours could run as subforum, bringing more gamers together.

Alex

That would be ideal , I agree. Sadly, I don't know of a place at the moment.