What is your favorite/most epic scenario?

By SolennelBern, in Runebound

Hi everyone! Just wanted to know what is your favorite scenario so far, including all expansions available. That scenario that have the most epic feel and the most satisfying adventure experience. Want to know to prepare a game next saturday and would love to know your thoughts!

Ariad, definitely Ariad. Margath's too easy (but it's a good introduction), Vorakesh is too hard (and it doesn't scale too well), Ariad is exactly at the right spot. Plus the webs add a layer of fun to the board, asking for more interesting choices to be done

Fall of the Dark Star.

Why? Well, it super encourages people to play like a total 'd-bag' toward other players. That was always an option in the other quests, but it is put front and center in Dark Star. All of those rumor cards that let you fight someone to steal their stuff or take their trophies when they win them? They rarely get used for those purposes in the other quests, but Dark Star? Everyone goes full murderhobo.

That is one of the things I actually like about Runebound to be honest. Your characters? They almost always get better rewards for being jerks in general. I tend to still play as if I am a champion of good when playing it, but Dark Star brings out that villainous side full tilt and it really makes the game a lot more of a competition.

OF the ones where the players are fighting a boss? Probably Ariad. Margarth is fun to curb stomp, the necromancer is also very easy to beat if the crew agrees to kill zombies within six spaces of their hex when the spawn or after they resolve a quest too. Ariad and her store destroying warpath really ramped up the difficulty for us when she started to hit the board.

Ariad it'll be. Dark Star look fun but we're gonna play Runewars first so we might have our share of direct confrontation :P

I found Ariad really easy! She's the only enemy we defeated before the end of Round 2. The other ones we leave it to the last minute to make sure that we'll actually win.

The Necromancer is a proper pain when you're playing 2 player as well, I'm not a huge fan of playing him as it's kinda random for us.