Soaring Monsters... blocking LOS and movement?? (RtL)

By MaHaPaTe, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

Hello everybody....

just got another one :)

Here's the situation... outdoor enconuter, monster with Soar. That means the monster flies and you need 4 extra range to hit it. Could say that monster's position is four spaces above the square it stands on...

So in my opinion it must be possible to walk through under that monster... and also it shouldn't block LOS as it's up, up in the sky.

That's about it. Any ideas, suggestions?

THX in advance

According to the rules, it still blocks Line of Sight and movement.

You can houserule if this is too frustrating for you. happy.gif

I just look at it as: Running under a flying monster is not advisable. Lord Hawethorne can reach three spaces with a walking stick, so they aren't very high up at all. If they were to drop suddenly while you were running under them, you would be in big trouble. Also, Dragons are especially dangerous as they can swoop down part way and then pull up, casuing their tail to lash along the ground with a force a lot bigger than that required to kill someone.

As for line of Sight, it is hard to aim when you have to keep an eye on a very mobile monster in the air who is probably moving up and down.

But that won't satisfy everyone. Believe me, I know. gui%C3%B1o.gif

Joram said:

According to the rules, it still blocks Line of Sight and movement.

That's all I wanted to hear. It's not frustrating for me... as I'm the OL :)

And I'm no big fan of house rules. You never know how some of your house rules effect the game later on...

THX for your answer