Can I use Call for heroes with AoR Beginner

By koraldon, in The Force Awakens Beginner Game

Hi,

I have browsed through the adventure, and it seems the answer to my question is yes - but would love to get an opinion from somebody who has more experience than me in the system/adventure

Assuming that you are going to time-shift the events from that scenario back to the Rebellion era, that should be fine. Of the three parts to it, two of them deal with long-neglected Imperial facilities that could be run just about as written or, for a twist, could be treated as abandoned Separatist installations. The business on Jakku would need some modification because that planet doesn't become filled with crashed starships until after the Battle of Jakku, which happens something like six after Return of the Jedi .

-Nate

Or you can run it as a First Order listening outpost established to keep an eye on the local leader who is about to declare their loyalty to the First Order but the leadership aren't so sure of their allegiance.

So run the game and it can result in the system choosing to turn against the First Order especially after the bad reaction to their use of Star Killer Base to blow up the New Hosnian System...

Assuming that you are going to time-shift the events from that scenario back to the Rebellion era, that should be fine. Of the three parts to it, two of them deal with long-neglected Imperial facilities that could be run just about as written or, for a twist, could be treated as abandoned Separatist installations. The business on Jakku would need some modification because that planet doesn't become filled with crashed starships until after the Battle of Jakku, which happens something like six after Return of the Jedi .

-Nate

The Battle of Jakku was exactly one year and four days after the Battle of Endor. One of those facilities is occupied by a pretty heavy FO force, so it's basically an active communications relay even though it was built with "Old" Imperial tech. The Strus Clan encounter could reasonably happen on Tattooine either using the Strus Clan as is or modifying them to be Tusken Raiders.

But if you want to get really into the lore, there's an Imperial research facility on Jakku up until shortly before the Battle of Jakku. You could certainly put the "abandoned" research facility as a recently destroyed one that the players are evaluating to see just what it was the Empire was up to there. That could lead fluidly into the Strus Clan encounter if the Rebellion-era Strus Clan had laid territorial claim to the Imperial ruins.