Product Review Video

By Toqtamish, in Arkham Horror: The Card Game

Have not watched yet so cannot speak to the quality but this guy has the game in hand.

Nice review...Got some clearer looks at a few cards I hadn't seen yet. Thanks for posting!!

Great review.

It needs to be watched with the sound on, the auto-subtitles he is using don't work well with his accent. The phrase "arkham horror" gets some very dirty translations.

The best bit of information is that there are multiple ways of building the scenarios, I guess this means the difficulty level affects the cards in the encounter deck and not just the tokens used.

Nice video and it actually answered a good number of my questions about the game. Love the campaign guide/booklet.

I do have one important question: which character am I going to really build? Daisy or Agnes?

Edited by Kubernes

Just more conformation that this is going to be a great game. We need to get our hands on it, but so far it does seem that homebrew campaigns will be possible. Unless locations are specific to a campaign in some way.

The video only adds to my excitement. I like that he help back with spoilers

Nice! Definitely going to start with Daisy now. My only reservation had been her limited hand slots for tomes but her unique item gives her 2 hand slots to hold more tomes so that is no longer a problem.

So bag not included?

And how did he get a hold of the game so early?

So bag not included?

I noticed that as well. Just looked at product description on FFG site and while it lists cards, tokens, etc. there is no mention of a bag.

Looks like I'll have to re-use one of my earlier bags...

So bag not included?

Man, that would be a bummer...not to mention a little lame on FFG's part. I'll still get it and no bag isn't the end of the world, but just would be kinda cheap to not have everything needed on the box.

Well it's the same idea as the monsters from the other games. You needed a bag or cup to randomly pull from, but they didn't provide one.

The best bit of information is that there are multiple ways of building the scenarios, I guess this means the difficulty level affects the cards in the encounter deck and not just the tokens used.

What made you think that? All I saw was building a token pool for chaos bag. And there was double-sided token effect card, one side for easy/normal, the other one for hard/suicidal. No mention of any kind of scenario building whatsoever.

And how did he get a hold of the game so early?

Common business practice for companies to send out advance copies of new products for reviewers.

So bag not included?

No but we have know that for a while. Not like you need it though. Just grab any dice bag, or other container you have in the house. I'm buying a goblet at the Halloween store when it opens. Easier and more appropriate I think.

What made you think that? All I saw was building a token pool for chaos bag. And there was double-sided token effect card, one side for easy/normal, the other one for hard/suicidal. No mention of any kind of scenario building whatsoever.

At one point he did mention that the scenario deck could be built with different enemies, or words to that effect. From what I recall, it sounded like for some scenarios, more than one mix of encounter sets is offered.

Might have something to do with the mentioned in previous articles choices, where you can catch a cultist and if you do, you won't meet him in the later scenario, etc.

What's the street date again?

What's the street date again?

We don't know yet. We do know it goes on early release at Arkham Nights in a month.

I think the alternate encounter cards is just referring to which Cultists you capture or interrogate being/not being in the third scenario. I think that's what the Parley action is for (seen on the Actions card).

It sounded (at 32.40) to me more like choosing different encounter sets - but could go either way.

Oh yeah, I see what you mean. He was talking about the first scenario.
I enjoyed seeing that we'll be going to Arkham in the core set. You can see Miskatonic University and St. Mary's Hospital as location cards!

So bag not included?

No but we have know that for a while. Not like you need it though. Just grab any dice bag, or other container you have in the house. I'm buying a goblet at the Halloween store when it opens. Easier and more appropriate I think.

Well If we have known I'm not part of we and it looks like I'm not alone. Where did you find out? (Just curious.)

So bag not included?

Well If we have known I'm not part of we and it looks like I'm not alone. Where did you find out? (Just curious.)

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/arkham-horror-the-card-game/products/arkham-horror-card-game/

GAME CONTENTS

• 239 Cards (5 Investigator Cards, 5 Mini Cards, 110 Scenario Cards, 119 Player Cards)
  • 149 Tokens (30 Resource Tokens, 44 Chaos Tokens, 18 Horror Tokens, 27 Damage Tokens, 30 Clue/Doom Tokens)
  • 1 Campaign Guide
  • 1 Learn to Play Book
  • 1 Rules Reference Guide

I meant like an official source...

I meant like an official source...

How is Fantasy Flight's product page not an official source?