worth the cost

By Matrim, in Warhammer 40,000: Conquest

Hi, I actually bought the base set the day before I found the game was ending so my question is - is the game worth getting the remaining expansions as in is it solid with plenty of playability considering its known demise.

I haven't got a play group but would probably play casually with my son. The alternative is netrunner as a temp game until l5r comes out.

Cheers all..

Hi. I just answered in another post. I play 100% casual and even posted a question about buying everything or just og for delux expansions regarding the balance. I got some help from a local store who adviced me to either just go core and both delux in order to get every faction. Or even just a core. I myself have decided to get everything since there won't be coming more than the core, 2 delux expansions and the 18 war packs.

Netrunner is also a great game that I can recommend for casual play. I hace 1 core and 1 of each of the 4 delux. The game is very balanced for casual play in that way.

Or if you are really just waitning for the L5R you could just go 1 core of Netrunner and 1 core Conquest. Then you have pleanty to last many games of fun :)

Buy everything and sell it for a fortune in ten years from now... :D

Lol, its admittedly not that expensive - I could get up to date for 180 quid, give or take a few, but I suppose lcgs are more game tgan vccgs which often just get thrown..

I would go for only the Big Boxes that way you have all playable factions. But hey look at the bright side, you won't have to worry about rotation cycles, right?

What the hell ordered the lot anyway. I might keep them all unopened and work through my own release arc whilst using the existing's casts.

Edited by Matrim

What the hell ordered the lot anyway. I might keep them all unopened and work through my own release arc whilst using the existing's casts.

That was almost my thought too. Only, I bought everything and then after the announcement I thought "Eh, I'll just get the 2nd core sets and have a full set" Might be able to pass it on later if it won't get any play :)

Boardgamegeek has a well respected solo variant for those without game groups too :)

That was almost my thought too. Only, I bought everything and then after the announcement I thought "Eh, I'll just get the 2nd core sets and have a full set" Might be able to pass it on later if it won't get any play :)

You'll need a 2nd and a 3rd core set to have a full set (just saying in case you missed it, with 2 cores you're still able to create some rather strong decks)

I have played a game against my son using the starter decks (he beat me so was delighted) and have now set up some more complicated marine/ork decks and goldfish bowled a game and they were both fun to play. So i have indeed ordered a further 2 core sets (plus printed off lots of void pirate/promotion and trader proxies.. I can then set up test decks for most of the factions and see what makes them tick. Hopefully the community will carry on playing. Shame it just lost support really..

Ho! Ho! I'm having a similar problem. I bought 3 core sets and have play tested the game with the 2 starter decks with 3 friends.

Now, I find I'm loving it (and it does seem like a really excellent game) and feel absolutely compelled to order everything else! Argh!

My FLGS has most SKIs for this game in stock as well as many other FFG games canceled by GW (Forbidden Stars, Relic, and Dracula are already sold out). Even Warhammer dice are still available. They do not sell online but I am willing to facilitate sales at no additional charge above shipping costs.

Let me know what you need in a pm.