Cover and psychic bolts\Force fields and psychic bolts

By Amshegar, in Dark Heresy Rules Questions

Hello everyone. I Have some questions...

1)PC and NPC can be dodged psychic bolts as if they were any other kind of ranged attack (and some form this dodge use talent "deny witch")... But cover protect vs psychic bolts or not? It very important, as the psyker can not conduct aimed fire for psychic bolts.

2) Force fields protect vs psychic bolts atack? (Rulebook say about "Force fields fields still

work against warp weapon type attacks (which ignore armor) normally" but in DH 1 "Daemon hunter book" I remember "jokeero field" which give very good protect vs psychic powes.

I would rule personally myself that the Jokeero tech is exclusive to that tech class in and of itself - thus making it super special prize to be won!

Stay GAMING

Morbid

1) As I understand it cover will block the bolt unless it specifically states that it goes over cover. Some exceptions to this may be warded cover.

2) This is DH2, so ignore any DH1 stuff they're pretty different when you get down to the mechanical balancing nitty gritty.

1) As I understand it cover will block the bolt unless it specifically states that it goes over cover. Some exceptions to this may be warded cover.

In most cases, the psyker is not enough force to break cover and he can not aimed fire.

If talent "Nowhire to hide" extends to psychic powers, it may not be all that bad...

The Cover circumstance specifically references Ballistic Skill tests. If Cover applied, then I reckon all of the other combat circumstances should as well, but they don't? Unless I'm wrong about that then I personally would rule that cover doesn't apply, at least until some further testing.

Anyone else go an idea for RAW? Maybe there's something in the Errata about it?

Edited by TheWorldSmith