Armada in a Minute - time lapse batreps

By Maturin, in Star Wars: Armada Battle Reports

Nothing new here (for now) but just putting up the links to my two timelapse batreps.

First one was from wave 2, has music but no commentary.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6E6cnuREVt0

The second one is from wave 3/4, has commentary but no music (yet).

hey man this was great! I appreciate the quick summary

That was really good :)

What kind of a set up did you use to film/edit it?

Used my iPhone with an app called Lapse It. Really easy to use, just set the capture rate (I think I did one frame every 10 seconds or so), and then set the playback rate (or time). I mounted the phone on a convenient store shelf (first video) or ladder (second) using a Joby Griptight Gorillapod stand.

http://joby.com/media/catalog/product/cache/2/image/1370x1370/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/g/r/griptight-gorillapod-stand-left.jpg

The app can output to an .mov file, which I then edited with iMovie. Upload to YouTube and you're good to go. After filming the processing didn't take more than 30 minutes, and with minimal editing can be done in 5 minutes. :)

Nice match... What was on the interdictor... didn't look like your lib was slowed down at all... also interesting to see all those points in big capital ships get 1 pass at each other, not even a decent front arc for the isd2. And squads doing most of the work... gg

Nice match... What was on the interdictor... didn't look like your lib was slowed down at all... also interesting to see all those points in big capital ships get 1 pass at each other, not even a decent front arc for the isd2. And squads doing most of the work... gg

It had Grav Shift Reroute (which we played a little bit wrong I've realized - moved the obstacles too far), and G-7 Grav Well. The G-7 can only cover half of the Fleet Ambush area, so I started the Liberty in the other half, ready to rock at speed 3. Thus...the single firing pass. :)

Fleet Ambush is brutal when facing a bomber-heavy list.

I've removed it from my Objective list because of this. Might as well burn the card. :)