From a SW:LCG player who never liked Conquest...

By Tierdal, in Warhammer 40,000: Conquest

My heart goes out to everyone who loved this game. Had this happened to the SW License I would feel a sinking sadness...

Wish I had more to say or any good news but just wanted to let you guys know that we in the SW LCG community feel for you.

Thanks, and post more on cardgamedb please, I miss how much you used to post :)

Not as pissed now as when they axed warhammer invasion. At least with 40KC we got all the main factions. With invasion we never even got Tomb Kings and Ogre Kingdoms...

Nor the fan favourite kids-loved Chaos Dwarfs. Oh, and Bretonnia's capital.

My small part of the L5R community would also like to offer our condolences.

We have been there. And if you look in the L5R forum, you can see plenty of folks that are still raw about it.

This sunday will be a year since L5R ccg was dropped like a hot potato. FFG is doing a much better job for you guys than AEG did for us. I'm glad to see that FFG is going to finish what they have already started and give the rest of what they worked on.

Edited by Coyote Walks

Well, at least AEG gave the last expansion for free... If you lived in the US.

My small part of the L5R community would also like to offer our condolences.

We have been there. And if you look in the L5R forum, you can see plenty of folks that are still raw about it.

This sunday will be a year since L5R ccg was dropped like a hot potato. FFG is doing a much better job for you guys than AEG did for us. I'm glad to see that FFG is going to finish what they have already started and give the rest of what they worked on.

What? AEG did? And who bought it? :D

Conquest is first LCG that longed for 2 years only. Second is WH:I that lasted for 4 years. 2 years difference.

Conquest in its form is far away from complete product! In last cycle they introduced fe Deep Strike mechanic that for sure should be expanded in next expansion becasue now literally 1 (one!) Warlord may utilize it at 100%. Meta is completely frozen on Elite stuff. Some fractions miss Warlords and Necrons are one cycle old only with lack of cards.

When Conquest debuted they also introduced idea of LCG "rotation" so many thougth that THIS game is a first one designed with rotation in mind. And that requires at leat 4-5 years to be realized.

At this year Gen Con they shameless lied that they will organize 2017 World Championships in Conquest.

Just before Gen Con they missed WH:C on list of games that are ready to buy Spring OP Kits for. When asked for correction, they said ot was just typo. And added Conquest.

Lie by lie, where everyobody - thanks to forums and local communities - knew that no new cards were sent to playtest since beginning of year. 9 months ago! There's also some funny website with counter how many days passed since last WH40K Conquest new product's announcement.

Compare it with AEG informations about ending Doomtown: Reloaded. Just straight information: game sells bad, we'll finish it in October. No devious lies.

Last L5R CCG expansions (Evil Portents) boxes i bought from local retailer (Europe) for 12$ each - still much cheaper than shipping it from USA. At least one expansion after EP was tested and ready to print, and base set of next edition along with L2P set were nearly finished. It just may proved that decision of selling game was just matter of hasty decisions, not carefully prepared and presumptuosly masked like finish of Conquest.

And yes, i decided to start play Conquest when L5R died. I hoped it will be nice filler while waitin for new Rings. FFG not disappointed me in being 100% trustful company. :D

Edited by kempy

You guys do know that FFG picked up L5R and it will be an LCG right?

Kempys taking the p, he is active on ffs l5r forum