Too late to the party?

By ErrantKknight, in Star Wars: The Card Game

I was looking into getting into the lcg but after going through all the expansions, am I too far behind to really get into the game. I read the sticky and am not too worried about getting competitive right away but I am worried I will never catch up.

Also just saw the thing on rotation. Other then being a completionist is there a point in getting the earlier expansions?

Rotation is still a while away yet. I would focus on core set and deluxe boxes for now. You can build good decks with those and they will always be legal.

I was looking into getting into the lcg but after going through all the expansions, am I too far behind to really get into the game. I read the sticky and am not too worried about getting competitive right away but I am worried I will never catch up.

This is where most players for this game hang out, I have no idea why this board here is so slow.

http://www.cardgamedb.com/forums/index.php?/forum/23-sw-lcg-general-discussion/

I highly doubt with DIsney releasing a movie a year that this game is going anywhere. In fact it has the potential to pick up traction if they add the movie material to the game.

I would suggest buying used for core and earlier stuff.

The worry I have about the game is, it being cancelled in favor of Star Wars Destiny, especially if it's very popular.

I'm getting into Destiny. But honestly, this game is just so great. I played the multiplayer variants this weekend after a long hiatus of not playing and it reminded me how much I love this game's mechanics.

I'm getting into Destiny. But honestly, this game is just so great. I played the multiplayer variants this weekend after a long hiatus of not playing and it reminded me how much I love this game's mechanics.

I have the same feelings for this game. I wonder what will happen next. I wonder what will happen with the film too.

i must say that i just introduced a friend to this game and while we figure out the game itself it's nice to get another player in our area lol. I just have the Core set and the first 2 big box sets and the Hoth Cycle so we have enough to play a few games.

I don't see destiny supplanting this because it's a different game type. More akin to qwuarriors or dice masters which is gaining popularity lately while the card game is strictly a card game a good one in my opinion. As for sets I would advise a core and the set with scum and villainy to round out all three base types and just pick up whatever fancies you from there and have fun.