End of an era

By Julia, in Warhammer Quest: The Adventure Card Game

A sad day that we wont see the official expansions that this game clearly was set up for. That said we have to be pleased the game made it out before the license ended and they pushed out two characters from a likely expansion as they were too good to waste. At least this game can end up as a quick co-op game as part of an evening even if campaign mode is more unlikely to be replayed, it still works well for one off scenarios, and hopefully a few more fan made ones will appear over time ;)

A re-skin would be excellent, but may depend on licence agreement small prints. At least sales showed that a card questing game would be well received. FFG may just stick with Arkham LCG for this, but i would like them to expand the Terrinoth brand with a similar card game, with or without backwards compatibility. I suspect they would do a stand alone one if they do one at all and brand it with a Runebound or Descent Adventure Card Game. Given the latter is doing so well at the moment i could see them using Descent as marketing for a new card game.

I suspect they would do a stand alone one if they do one at all and brand it with a Runebound or Descent Adventure Card Game. Given the latter is doing so well at the moment i could see them using Descent as marketing for a new card game.

Might as well throw in a Witcher expansion while they're at it.

If it was the Fantasy Flight Adventure Cardgame System Presents....

Then they could use any IP they held at the time :) as long as it was vaugely fantasy, players could choose if to use as a standalone or to integrate sets.

Some people would love to keep them separate while others would love to lay adventures set in Middle Earth using characters from Warhammer Quest up against monsters from Runebound etc etc. Either way, there is money to be made there :)