Whats the most crazy/weird custom made weapons

By Brote the Swed, in Black Crusade Game Masters

What have you as a GM or player made as a weapon that was so weird or awesome it simply a must use.

Personaly i would pick the Legion Longbow 1d10+6+sb pen 2 razor sharp and tearing

And the Legion QUAD Stubber -/-/32 1d10+7 pen 3 320 Quad-linked, Inaccurate, Devastating (4), Proven (4), requires backpack ammunition
Unreliable.

Share your own creations or those made by others

Edited by Brote the Swed

In my game the Pcs' are getting to end game status. The point now is to obtain favour from all 4 dark gods to run a true black crusade. Each god has a different item if the pc's are successful in the venture.

The Blood god would gift this

Archaroths hand

Sword

One-Handed Melee

Ranged S/-/-

1d10+6 R; Pen 5*;Felling 4, Hellish

Balanced, Tainted, Devastating 5, Proven 3

30M 1d10+10E Pen 6; Disintegrate

Unique

Hellish: Weapon adds the wielder's strength bonus to penetration

The Blade is immune to the effects of a power field. The Weapon also acts as a Null rod

Null:Any psychic power which includes the wielder of this weapon as a target suffers an additional –30 penalty on the Focus Power Test.

Disintegrate:after inflicting zealous hatred, opponent makes a toughness check with a penalty equal to 10X degrees of success on the attack or be blasted into a cloud of ash and be destroyed.

A blade created from the greatest pits of violence, it is rumored that the blade was forged from the heat emanating from the lord of skulls hate and detestation. Formed from Brass from the Mighty throne and the ground up bones of several Imperial psyker saints

sorta fluff:

The sword was crafted from saints of imperial space that were captured during one of Abbadons Black Crusades. A small fleet of traitor legion abandoned his quest for their own path of glory, only to happen upon a small cruiser class The Bright Dawn . Aboard this vessel were living saints making a pilgrimage to bless and oversee the religious formation of a new shrine world. Many of these Saints were prominent psykers who were gifted in the ways of telepathy and divination. The legion set upon the cruiser with unimaginable fury, many worshipers of Kohrne sought to slay these living stains. Seeking salvation the Saints fought but when all hope was lost, they enacted a ritual to transport themselves and their retinue to safety. It is believed that Kohrne himself altered the end destination. Instead of arriving safe within the Imperium, they're were transported to the Daemon planet Crucible.

I have a bit of an "issue" with your fluff . . . living saints are incredibly rare. You would not have a ship full of them. Although Lexicanum is hardly a reliable source, it only lists 5 living saints in the history of the Imperium. Most Imperial Saints are canonized after their death. Also, I'm not sure if a psyker could even be a living saint *shrug* but that's more of an opinion. There isn't a lot of fluff on living saints, and you can of course do as you please. I just wanted to point those things out.

Edited by Servant of Dante

I never specified how many; just that Living Saints were aboard the vessel. Even then I was thinking around the whole Adeptus Sororitas cadre with Living Saints on board. The idea being that an entire squad, platoon, whatever would sacrifice themselves to protect the living embodiment of the Emperors essence. I was simply trying to come up with something special to have reason behind the power. IMO if a Gm is going to make a power item that is forged by the gods, you need to have an unique base to correlate its formation.

Inspiration came from Relics like WorldBreaker, Father of Blades, Black Blade of Angron, Black Mace, Sword of St. Aquitaine ....etc All of these items can never be reproduced. Let alone the circumstances that brought them into existence. Worldbreaker was allegedly forged by the Emporer. Father of Blades is rumored to be created by Nurgle's birth as a god. The killing of living Saints is huge, and in all likely hood not really cannon; sure I can see that. Yes they are Uber rare but 40k is all about things that shouldn't be cannon, as cannon. Look at Kaldor Draigo....so much impossible stuff that he does that is made cannon. :blink: But without the unique circumstances, you get just another item that is impressive but is not reality changing. I added the info from one of the 40k wikis for you also. I checked Lexicanum, and I was pleased to see that they listed some living saints. Sorry if this comes off as me being a jerk/arrogant. Not my intent!

Living Saints of the Adepta Sororitas

" Living Saints are those members of the Adepta Sororitas who are said to be so holy in mind, body and spirit that they somehow manifest something of the power of the Emperor himself. Living Saints are not beatified after their death, but rather are spontaneous manifestations of the Emperor's grace. Living Saints literally glow with power, and even the least faithful will have no choice but to collapse to his knees in her presence. A Living Saint will usually, though not always, manifest, from among the ranks of the Adepta Sororitas, of whom are all strictly female. Typically, the manifestation of a Living Saint will presage some great endeavour, in which countless millions of the faithful take up arms in the name of the Emperor and truly extraordinary feats are performed. Sadly, the phenomenon is often short lived, for it appears that the Living Saints are beacons of faith that burn blindingly bright, yet tragically brief. Before her death however, a Living Saint will have changed the course of history for the better. Living Saints are of great interest to the Thorian faction of the Inquisition, who regard them as vessels of the Emperor's power in the model of Sebastian Thor himself. This also makes them a target for the enemies of the faction, who have on several occasions, sought to capture a Living Saint and dissect her in order to discover the source of her powers."

It's not really a weapon, but one of the heretics in my group plays a CSM of the Emperor's Children who is so worried about dust and getting himself dirty when out of armor that he rides around their spaceship on a CSM-sized segway with giant chaos stars for wheels and a little fan to make his hair flow in the wind.

It's not really a weapon, but one of the heretics in my group plays a CSM of the Emperor's Children who is so worried about dust and getting himself dirty when out of armor that he rides around their spaceship on a CSM-sized segway with giant chaos stars for wheels and a little fan to make his hair flow in the wind.

This is awesome.

accidental double post

Edited by Servant of Dante

A Pirate Prince in a Black Crusade game I was running summoned and bound a greater daemon and forced it to forge a unique weapon for him inside of his ship's Warp Drive Reactor. The weapon was a Legacy Weapon, a Greatsword crafted from slivers of metal from the hulls of each ship he had destroyed. When I rolled for the daemon to craft the weapon, I also rolled for Perils on the Warp once per Crafting Roll by the Daemon to see what special power the sword got, consulting the following chart:

WARP-FORGED WEAPONS

Sometimes, a simple daemon weapon or legacy weapon isn’t enough. The boldest of warpsmiths and hereteks may in fact decide that they must have a weapon forged within the warp itself, channel the raw firmament of that psychic dimension into the creation of their instruments of death. How this is done can vary – a pirate captain may craft a cutlass inside the warp drive reactor of his own flagship, while a Chaos Space Marine may make a pact with a daemon for a weapon crafted in the legendary Forge of Souls. Regardless of how the weapon is acquired, use the following mechanics:

When crafting a Weapon, use the Crafting Guidelines in the Black Crusade Core Rulebook. The character makes skill checks until they reach the required number of Successes. These skill checks suffer a penalty or bonus equal to the weapon’s acquisition rarity (with no modifier for quantity). For every skill check, roll once for Time Interval (days, weeks, etc, as per usual). Additionally, for every time Interval, roll once on the Perils of the warp table. If the crafter survives the process, the weapon gains a corresponding trait.

Additionally, all Warp-Forged Weapons gain the Tainted Quality, meaning they add their wielder’s Corruption Point Bonus to the weapon’s Damage.

PERILS OF THE WARP EFFECTS

01-05: The Gibbering: The weapon itself is a thing of alien geometries, its proportions and angles fading in and out of possibility while those that look upon it are drive to paranoia and insanity. Those wounded by it suffer an even worse fate. The weapon gains the Hallucinogenic (X) quality, with a value equal to the number of degrees of Success scored on the relevant crafting Test. Unlike usual, Respirators and sealed armor do not provide a bonus to the test, although Hexagrammic Wards or other items that provide bonuses against psychic mental effects do.

06-09: Warp Burn: Multicolored hellfire flickers along the weapon’s edge, and ranged weapons spit forth shrieking orbs of burning warp-stuff. The Weapon gains the Flame Quality – if the weapon already possessed the Flame Quality, it now gains the Warp Weapon Quality.

10-13: Psychic Concussion: The weapon releases thunderous cracks of energy when impacting against its target. The weapon gains the Concussive (X) Quality, with a value equal to the number of degrees of Success scored on the relevant crafting Test.

14-18: Psy Blast: The weapon unleashes roiling waves of telekinetic force that ripple out from their target in a shockwave to strike those nearby. If the weapon is a ranged weapon, it gains the Blast (X) Quality, with a value equal to the number of degrees of Success scored on the relevant crafting Test. If the weapon already possessed the Blast Quality, increase the blast Radius by 1. If the weapon was a Melee Weapon, the wielder gains the Whirlwind of Death Talent when using the weapon – however, instead of making one attack per foe, the character makes one attack, and on a success the attack automatically hits every foe. If the wielder already possessed the Whirlwind of Death Talent, he gains a +10 when making the Whirlwind of Death maneuver with this weapon, and benefits from the previous modifications.

19-24: Soul Sear: Warp Power scorches through the target’s flesh, twisting and mutating it vilely. A character wounded by this weapon suffers a number of Corruption Points equal to the damage inflicted – remember, most Minor NPCs are killed or transformed into mewling spawn by 10 Corruption Points.

25-30: Locked In: The wounds inflicted by the weapon form barriers around the target’s mind, rendering them paralyzed. The weapon gains the Snare (X) Quality, with X equal to the number of degrees scored on the relevant crafting Test. Unlike usual Snare Weapons, ranged weapon does not require any special ammunition, and melee weapons also benefit from this trait. Instead of a strength test, a Willpower Test is required to escape the weapon’s paralytic effect.

31-38: Chronologic Incontinence: The weapon seems to exist in all places at once, ghostly-after images of the weapon rippling through the air. Melee Weapons grant their wielder the Blademaster and Wall of Steel when using this weapon. If the character already possesses either of these talents, they get a +10 bonus to Weapon Skill Tests made with the weapon. Ranged Weapons gain the Storm and Twin-Linked Quality. If the weapon already possesses either of these quality, they get a +10 bonus to Ballistic Skill Tests made with the weapon.

39-46: Psychic Mirror: The weapon’s machine-spirit is a malleable and reflective thing, and in combat it twists and morphs its shape to counter the machine-spirits of its foes, adapting itself to counter it’s user’s foes. If a Melee Weapon, the weapon gains the Defensive and Flexible Qualities. If a ranged weapon, it gains the Gyro-Stabilized Quality.

47-55: Warp Whispers: People wounded by the weapon have their minds assailed by the voices of daemons, whispering terrible secrets to their victims. The weapon gains the Mind Eater Daemon Weapon Trait, although it is not a Daemon Weapon.

56-58: Vice Versa: The weapon transforms in it’s wielder’s hand to reflect a weapon wielded by a foe he is directly engaged with – i.e., both character are in combat and can see each other without obscurity. The character gains a weapon with a profile equal to one weapon on his foe’s person – this weapon must be of the same type (i.e. a ranged weapon can only replicate a ranged weapon). The new weapon retains any unique abilities it previously possessed, and returns to its original form when its double has been slain.

59-67: Dark Summoning. The weapon gains one trait from the Daemon Weapon Tables, rolled for randomly based on what kind of Daemon was summoned.

68-72: Rending the Veil: The character swings the weapon through the air, and every slice rips a tear in reality staring right into the heart of the warp. Whenever the character makes his or her first attack action with the weapon, the weapon grants its wielder the Fear 1 Trait, or +1 to any fear trait they already possess. If the wielder ever inflicts Zealous Hatred, the Fear level and bonus is increased by 1.

73-78: Blood Rain. The weapon constantly bleeds a film of warp-tainted blood, and those wounded by it are horridly corrupted. The weapon gains the Toxic Quality, with a level equal to the number of degrees scored on the crafting check. Any Psykers wounded by the weapon’s Toxic quality automatically cause Perils of the Warp if they use Psychic powers for 1d5 rounds after being wounded, due to the warp-charged matter infecting their vital fluids.

79-82: Cataclysmic Blast: This has no benefit, as rolling this effect during the crafting process would destroy the materials involved.

83-86: Mass Possession: The weapon gains two traits from the Daemon Weapon Tables, rolled for randomly based on what kind of Daemon was summoned.

Reality Quake: The weapon buckles reality itself, and the laws of physics are shorn apart by the sharpness of its edge. Whenever the character makes a successful attack with the weapon, it gains a randomly determined quality from the following list: Concussive, Crippling, Devastating, Flame, Hallucinogenic, Haywire, Razor Sharp, Shocking, Toxic, Warp Weapon (roll a d10 to determine which). The rating of these traits is equal to the degrees of success scored on the crafting check.

Grand Possession: The weapon gains three traits from the Daemon Weapon Tables, rolled for randomly based on what kind of Daemon was summoned.

Annihilation: The crafter is instantly destroyed, as are his materials. As such, this result confers no benefit.

I love this table its crazy and awesome