Faerie Trod: How does this work?

By Osbo25, in Talisman

With the massive amount of cards in the Adventure Deck now, it might take some time to see cards for the first time. Today I drew Faerie Trod:

Faerie Trod

Event

You risk fate by travelling

a faerie path, not knowing

where it might lead. Discard

your current Path, if able,

and take a new Path from

the top of the Path deck.

The discard this card.

How does this card affect someone who is not in the Woodland?

No one in my group seemed to know, so we likened it to drawing the Hunchback via Dark Denizens. That is, it is something that can exist outside of the region it is intended to be used in via special circumstances (even though these aren't really special circumstances but a normal draw). The person who drew it (me) drew a Path, even though I wasn't in the Woodlands. (Ironically, I drew the Wyrd Path .)

Was this the correct playing of the card? If not, what is the correct playing of the card? If this card can only affect someone who has a Path, then why is it placed into the main Adventure Deck as opposed to being the Woodland deck?

Edited by Osbo25

With the massive amount of cards in the Adventure Deck now, it might take some time to see cards for the first time. Today I drew Faerie Trod:

Faerie Trod

Event

and take a new Path from

The discard this card.

No one in my group seemed to know, so we likened it to drawing the Hunchback via Dark Denizens. That is, it is something that can exist outside of the region it is intended to be used in via special circumstances (even though these aren't really special circumstances but a normal draw). The person who drew it (me) drew a Path, even though I wasn't in the Woodlands. (Ironically, I drew the Wyrd Path .)

Was this the correct playing of the card? If not, what is the correct playing of the card? If this card can only affect someone who has a Path, then why is it placed into the main Adventure Deck as opposed to being the Woodland deck?

Woodlands Rules under Twisting Paths

When a character with a Path leaves a Region he must discard his Path Card.

So when you enter the Woodlands Region you can take one of the three Paths faceup. When you leave a Region you must discard any Path Card you have. But if otherwise you gain a Path Card you keep it until you leave the Region your currently in. So in effect you suffer the travel effect until you get yourself into another Region. Or draw another Faerie Trod or card with a effect that says the same.

Very simple. You do not "have to be in the Woodlands" to get a Path Card.

Faerie Trod

Event

and take a new Path from

The discard this card.

Woodlands Rules under Twisting Paths

When a character with a Path leaves a Region he must discard his Path Card.

So when you enter the Woodlands Region you can take one of the three Paths faceup. When you leave a Region you must discard any Path Card you have. But if otherwise you gain a Path Card you keep it until you leave the Region your currently in. So in effect you suffer the travel effect until you get yourself into another Region. Or draw another Faerie Trod or card with a effect that says the same.

Very simple. You do not "have to be in the Woodlands" to get a Path Card.

So in other words, we played it correctly?

If that was the way you played it. Yes.

If that was the way you played it. Yes.

I did, in fact, describe how we played it in my original post:

The person who drew it (me) drew a Path, even though I wasn't in the Woodlands. (Ironically, I drew the Wyrd Path .)

I did, in fact, describe how we played it in my original post:

The person who drew it (me) drew a Path, even though I wasn't in the Woodlands. (Ironically, I drew the Wyrd Path .)

OK, Well you played it right then. Congratulations.

But you later in your post said "Was this the correct playing of the card?" I was informing you yes it was the correct way. I never said anything otherwise.