Huge come-from-behind win!

By Osbo25, in Talisman

I was playing a four-player DE game this morning. One of the other players left early, and another died about midway. So for all intents and purposes it was just one other guy and me. I am the Courtesan. He is the Valkyrie. And he is just running away with the game. He's got the spell book, Singe, and plenty of other goodies that make him a beast. Most battles he's auto-winning.

Well, I chase him into the Dungeon, because he is making a run for the Lord of Darkness. I catch up to him and steal his spell book. I draw Toadify. A couple of turns later he comes back to me to try to kill me (I was low on life). I cast Toadify on him and rolled a 4.

However, I had been in the Highlands, so I had the Wildlander. On my next turn I used the Wildlander and picked up all of the stuff dropped by the Toadified Valkyrie. With everything that I pick up I am only Strength 6 Craft 6. Not great. But I press on.

I win a couple of battles and bump my strength up by one. But I also picked up the Lone Dwarf, which adds 2 to my score in the Treasure Chamber. I make it to the Treasure Chamber.

It was Day, so the Lord of Darkness had a -1. I cast Weakness on him, giving him a -4. I used my bow and rolled a 6! YES! I rolled a 4 for my attack score, and he rolled a 3. I used Twist of Fate to make my 4 a 6. I beat him and teleport to the CoC.

Judgment Day is the ending. I, of course, vote myself worthy, but I don't know what else is going to happen.

THEN I ROLLED A 6!

The one guy who was left voted me not worthy (-1), as did one of the AIs (-2 total). But the other AI and I both voted worthy (+2 total), thus offsetting those two unworthy votes, leaving me with a 6 and a win.

If the guy would have just gone on to the Treasure Chamber he would have won. (I would have voted him worthy. He played really well.) But he decided to show off, and it cost him the game, giving it to me instead.

But it took two great combinations of spells and followers and some timely 6s to get there.

Edited by Osbo25

Well, now I just had a crazy stupid win. It's not so much that I won but that the others lost.

It was a three-person game. Player number 1 was the Amazon. She went up against the Basilisk. She lost the battle, so she decided to redo it. In the second battle the Basilisk rolled doubles. BAM. Dead.

Player number 2 was the Sage. With two lives left he got turned into a toad. Next move he draws the Vampire Prince. Since he has no followers and a Craft of 1, he lost two lives in that defeat. BAM. Dead.

I was the Mage Apprentice, very excited that I had just scored a Flail and a Full Plate. I had just gone into the Wharf to go attack the Sage and finish him off when he went ahead and died on his own.

Talk about stumbling into victory lane.

Well, now I just had a crazy stupid win. It's not so much that I won but that the others lost.

It was a three-person game. Player number 1 was the Amazon. She went up against the Basilisk. She lost the battle, so she decided to redo it. In the second battle the Basilisk rolled doubles. BAM. Dead.

Player number 2 was the Sage. With two lives left he got turned into a toad. Next move he draws the Vampire Prince. Since he has no followers and a Craft of 1, he lost two lives in that defeat. BAM. Dead.

I was the Mage Apprentice, very excited that I had just scored a Flail and a Full Plate. I had just gone into the Wharf to go attack the Sage and finish him off when he went ahead and died on his own.

Talk about stumbling into victory lane.

I kid you not, I just won a second game under very similar circumstances. Once again I was the Apprentice Mage. Once again, I had just picked up a nice pile of loot (after teleporting from the Wharf, no less). Two other characters were Reapered to death, and the third died from losing too many battles in the Highlands.