Weird Ideas for Mechanics (aka. WIM)

By 987654321, in Arkham Horror: The Card Game

It's that: here we talk about all stupid WIM we can think about.

Edvando suggested Ghost enemies you fight with your willpower. I had the same idea, but including you also evade them with lore. And what about locations ypu investigate with any other stat?

A scenario where each agenda has Xplayers progress required with the text: at the end of the round, each player chooses one:place one doom on this agenda, take one damage or take one horror.

Ways to heal damage and horror-but fery few, otherwise this game will be a joke.

i don't understand what you're getting at.. few ways to heal horror or the game will be a joke?

i'm pretty sure that having the drawback of stacking multiple madness cards will hinder your deck so much at a point you may just have to retire that investigator.. imagine drawing 2 or 3 different madness cards at the same time.

not only that, i assume there will be very few ways to "heal" madness.. i don't know if many people played the Call of Cthulhu RPG, but Cory certainly loves it, and when you cast spells or lose sanity in that game you don't get your power or sanity back. In fact, losing a certain amount of sanity during one session can lead to temporary insanity, that must be deal with in a separate session where the insane character must undergo treatment at a psyche ward or something similar.

i feel, and hope, that the game follows this narrative, that was so expertly done in Chaosium's RPG, because it's such a great method of story telling. Playing a card game at the same time is just the hot slice of pizza with my cold beer.