Nightmare Mode?

By 987654321, in Arkham Horror: The Card Game

In LOTR we have Nightmare Mode, which is a mode in which you buy a pack to compliment an existing scenario and make it more difficult. I believe we could see something like that in the future for this game, although I've not seen enough to make sure what it could be. Any thoughts?

That nightmare mode is vehicled by a different token pool selection, as explained in the difficulty mode section of the rulebook someone upped after GenCon. I don't see nightmare packs coming (fortunately)

It does appear that they have moved away from this model by including four difficulty levels within the rules. I think this is a good move for FFG and the players. I know some liked the nightmare decks in LOTR and it is always cool getting more cards, but I never bought any because of the cost. For me there were always other packs and games to spend money on rather then paying to replay a mission on a harder difficulty. I imagine that it would be a hard thing to make money out of from FFG's perspective as well because the volume probably isn't there. It is a credit to them that they kept it up in LOTR and supported the players who wanted it, but I am glad I can up the difficulty in this game without additional cost.

i still think one day they will crank out small boxes for "nightmare" mode.

sure we have built in hard mode, but the reason for nightmare isn't JUST for increased difficulty.. it's the breathing of new life into old encounter sets.

Yes, they learn mistake with a lotr and make nightmare mode straight away . hope it will work good !

Yes, they learn mistake with a lotr and make nightmare mode straight away . hope it will work good !

Glaurung i thought you didn't like nightmare mode. :lol:

just kidding. love your videos.

Note that it is obviously possible that they do but the cards in an adventure are much fewer. For example, the first adventure uses 3 sets of adventure cards, and the first two have 7 and 3 cards....so roughly you have 15 treachery cards in an adventure. Proportionately, a nightmare deck should have 4-5 cards