Deathwatch techmarine?

By Professor Tanhauser, in Deathwatch

Any chance of a deahwatch tech marine miniature? I don't buy from gw but woukd just like to see a DW techmarine figure.

None specifically, sadly. Your best bet is the forgeworld techmarines, since (if I remember right) his arms and shoulder pads are seperate components.

actually both of those are resin sadly. as of the death watch codex, the death watch does not actually HAVE tech marines, and it's largely assumed to be due to the lack of a plastic tech marine that you could add the shoulder pad too. that said, depending on how the parts fit together kitbashing one shouldn't be too hard.

actually both of those are resin sadly. as of the death watch codex, the death watch does not actually HAVE tech marines, and it's largely assumed to be due to the lack of a plastic tech marine that you could add the shoulder pad too. that said, depending on how the parts fit together kitbashing one shouldn't be too hard.

Oh you are kidding, did they redo the space marine kit with servitors and turret in resin?! Eww...I mean resin is alright at times but lacks durability. Plastic was at least better for endurance. Well, metal was best overall which is good for me and a sisters army but...

Oh you are kidding, did they redo the space marine kit with servitors and turret in resin?! Eww...I mean resin is alright at times but lacks durability. Plastic was at least better for endurance. Well, metal was best overall which is good for me and a sisters army but...

Conversion is sooooo much easier in plastic, and plastic kits tend to come in more pieces, so they are more poseable and provide more opportunities for kitbashing

(yes I have about 2000 points of metal Sisters so far)

Edited by Servant of Dante

So no techmarine in the new deathwatch codex. Well, just wait till your **** landspeeder breaks down then!

that's ok, there aren't any Landspeeders in the codex eaither! :)

in terms of units the deathwatch codex has..

Deathwatch Veterans (basicly sternguard vets with some special toys) Vanguard Veterans, Deathwatch Terminators, dreadnoughts Deathwatch Bikes, Rhinos, Razorbacks, Drop pods, and the Corvas Blackstar (Aka: what we all wish the stormraven hd been)

that's ok, there aren't any Landspeeders in the codex eaither! :)

in terms of units the deathwatch codex has..

Deathwatch Veterans (basicly sternguard vets with some special toys) Vanguard Veterans, Deathwatch Terminators, dreadnoughts Deathwatch Bikes, Rhinos, Razorbacks, Drop pods, and the Corvas Blackstar (Aka: what we all wish the stormraven hd been)

And land raiders!

They have Librarians and Chaplains, do they even have Apothecaries? (If not then I'd just paint the chaplains shoulderpad as a Space Wolf, since wolfpriests are a bit of apthecary and chaplain in one, and that would make me feel a bit better.)

Question about the fluff: Have the Grey Knights ever sent one of their number to the deathwatch? I'm guessing they did not since they are suposed to be a secret chapter and all...

Question about the fluff: Have the Grey Knights ever sent one of their number to the deathwatch? I'm guessing they did not since they are suposed to be a secret chapter and all...

there is no record of a grey knight serving with the deathwatch. but I suppose it's poissable that a black shield could be a Grey Knight planted with the death watch "for reasons known only to the inqusition"

there is no record of a grey knight serving with the deathwatch. but I suppose it's poissable that a black shield could be a Grey Knight planted with the death watch "for reasons known only to the inqusition"

Yes. This is covered in the Daemon Hunter Sourcebook. There have been joint actions between the Deathwatch and Grey Knights, which have led to Justicar Maligante occasionally attaching one of his Grey Knights to a Deathwatch Kill-Team at the request of Watch Captain Brand. (Daemon Hunter, page 106)

Yes. This is covered in the Daemon Hunter Sourcebook. There have been joint actions between the Deathwatch and Grey Knights, which have led to Justicar Maligante occasionally attaching one of his Grey Knights to a Deathwatch Kill-Team at the request of Watch Captain Brand. (Daemon Hunter, page 106)

Yay! All of the secret chamber millitant special chapter goodness!

I think the DW codex also had a bit of fluff with the GK going, guys we can't make it to some planet in time, send teh DW to kill the xenos there before they open a warp gate or something.