Darkside's Painting Projects

By Darksidenet, in Imperial Assault Painting and Modification

First time miniature painter. Loved watching all the various videos out there. Sorastro's were the ones to give me the painting bug! Thanks for looking.

geA16ym.jpg BzrOlSH.jpg J4dfuuA.jpg

Edited by Darksidenet
Spelling

Terrific work Darksidenet! There's no turning back now :)

I agree, fantastic work!

Some Work in Progress on the Nexu. Haven't really been able to sit down proper and get some painting in.

JqA5oja.jpg

5jXGSvM.jpg

AeLdpxo.jpg

dM6ntcm.jpg

After the shade and before the hair on the spines, there were a few dry brushings of the base colors and some tyrant skull to bring that shade down. I forgot to add the lahmian medium to it before applying. I think it came out well with a little agrax earthshade here and there.

I find myself watching more and more painting streams than doing actual painting. LOL! I found time to get these bad boys done tho...

URBXOkO.jpg

pEqwapX.jpg

YI5sfsD.jpg

Vll2dzJ.jpg

A couple more characters finished. Imperial Officers and Jyn Odan.

H4jpBTo.jpg

ehUgskW.jpg

I like your shading on the Royal Guards, I've got two done so far but didn't like my transitions. I find that I can see to clearly where the mephiston red was, then the wash, then the evil sunz. What did you do to transition like that? How many layers of evil sunz/wild rider is there on your folds/shadowed areas?

FrogTrigger, I actually did more of a "wet" dry brush over the larger areas with the 1st highlight. Then I used a more specific dry brush with the second highlight higher on the folds. Also, while you'll want to view your minis up close to paint the details, check them from the tabletop distance to see how it looks overall. Sometimes I kill myself for that perfect look when it already looks good from a distance.

I was able to get some holiday painting in. So relaxing getting these guys done.

OpAHsqy.jpg

xdYwf6k.jpg

pDD0r92.jpg

1Mx4hwi.jpg

Edited by Darksidenet

yZnOiBo.jpg

jO3bNi0.jpg

sHQFJvF.jpg

ptyV2Lg.jpg

Everybody's favorite walking carpet.

Fqoy7mZ.jpg

pexGCYk.jpg

SO0nBg9.jpg

Mak was fun to paint.

m8yWp3r.jpg

xR6BQtE.jpg

DoayeWd.jpg

g0zj9EK.jpg

V8WSwXk.jpg

pxuYncK.jpg

29FlGUo.jpg

rijvCyf.jpg

qn43Ata.jpg

EPwrbLq.jpg

gsJnpgh.jpg uk1EIKj.jpg bOmujMy.jpg JZGZIGo.jpg zbCdwcF.jpg

YOTFyEE.jpg NFD3x27.jpg dEvj2EZ.jpg xJ4Z3E2.jpg

Edited by Darksidenet

Some Wookiee Warriors looking for action.

5FwbNxT.jpg sc7aio1.jpg EJoxgBr.jpg GjYwARt.jpg

Good work. I'd try and add some definition to the wookiees' faces, if you get the chance.

Some Rebel Saboteurs on the prowl.

HwoGJk1.jpg HgbjLfm.jpg Fkxnuzq.jpg

I've always enjoyed their smile!

Really love the pose on Biv. I just wish the gun was a little more detailed. And bigger. :D DYEYpl8.jpg JQ6DKU3.jpg JPrW7DA.jpg VN3HXaZ.jpg TPLsxgl.jpg

I still cant get the hang of human faces. :angry: XsQ4qlD.jpg wZiRgSU.jpg j0Xvbhu.jpg C8kR190.jpg nMnziXA.jpg s7id6GN.jpg

There's some great work in this thread. I really like Han and the RGC.

I'm so with you on the faces. Your Saska and mine are remarkably similar! Give me a nice alien or droid face with big eyes any day! The Rodian's in the Hired Guns pack and the Trandoshans are clear winners, as are Loku and the HK droids :D

37 minutes ago, udat said:

Give me a nice alien or droid face with big eyes any day! The Rodian's in the Hired Guns pack and the Trandoshans are clear winners, as are Loku and the HK droids :D

Thanks for the compliments. I totally agree with you on the Aliens and Creatures/Droids. There's so much more to work with there. I have the Tusken Raiders on deck next.

Some Rebel Troops. I'm not to pleased with the way the white went down on their helmets. 0c9q9f3.jpg YTqvYOi.jpg ATFl3GZ.jpg