Unofficial Errata and FAQ

By g1ul10, in BattleLore

Dear all,

while we are waiting for the official document, I decided to prepare an unofficial collections of replies by FFG to players questions. The document is hosted on BGG and it's available here

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/136459/errata-and-faq

Do not hesitate to suggest additions or correct mistakes. Enjoy!

G.

P.S.: This post was initially mistakenly posted on the BattleLore 1st edition forum

Nice work! I skimmed the document and it looks good. Where did you get the answers to the questions?

I'm especially curious about Shield. In the situation you described I've always applied the building damage deduction first. It just seems more logical to me. I'd be hiding around a wall and probably wouldn't cast a shield over the entire building.

Same thing with "mandatory abilities." I always played that unless it said it was mandatory, then it was up to the player. It just seems more logical to me.

Nice work! I skimmed the document and it looks good. Where did you get the answers to the questions?

I'm especially curious about Shield. In the situation you described I've always applied the building damage deduction first. It just seems more logical to me. I'd be hiding around a wall and probably wouldn't cast a shield over the entire building.

Same thing with "mandatory abilities." I always played that unless it said it was mandatory, then it was up to the player. It just seems more logical to me.

Most of the answers came from this thread on BGG, including the shield one you're asking about. The answer came from the current developer of BattleLore expansions.

(By the way g1ul10, you reference BBG in your document instead of BGG. Just so you know. ;) )