I'm going to take this as a bad sign

By Supertoe, in Runewars

Today marks the four month anniversary of a rules question I sent FFG about Runewars. (Figured it out within like 15 minutes of sending the email, but anyway). Needless to say, no response. Wouldn't you take that as a bad sign?

As a bad sign of what? Runewars is a great game and I'm sure they could sell a decent number of expansions, but the game is in a really good position now where new content doesn't feel needed, especially after the revised edition rules. I think the only things that would be nice to freshen it up would be new quests. That's the only deck that I feel gets monotonous.

As for the rule request, I sent one for BattleLore and didn't get a response for sometime between 1 and 2 months. Then I resent the request and got an answer within a week. It may be that your request just got lost.

As a bad sign of what? Runewars is a great game and I'm sure they could sell a decent number of expansions, but the game is in a really good position now where new content doesn't feel needed, especially after the revised edition rules. I think the only things that would be nice to freshen it up would be new quests. That's the only deck that I feel gets monotonous.

As for the rule request, I sent one for BattleLore and didn't get a response for sometime between 1 and 2 months. Then I resent the request and got an answer within a week. It may be that your request just got lost.

Yeah, it doesn't really need any more expansions. But its such an awesome game though!

Totally! I wish I could play it more. I usually end up playing it by myself. I told my wife that to celebrate getting my Ph.D., I just want to get 3 other guys together and play a full, uninterrupted game of Runewars. She rolled her eyes. :D

There was this brief period for me between finishing school and going to u iversity where I got in 4 player games every other weekend. That was an amazing time. Haven't had more than a game since then. Its just not the game you drop on people you just got to know.

Yeah, it doesn't really need any more expansions. But its such an awesome game though!

It could stand a Dwarves and Orcs expansion in my opinion.

Edited by Taki

It could stand a Dwarves and Orcs expansion in my opinion.

Agreed.