Some ideas on New Formats to keep UFS Fresh...

By Rockstar2, in UFS General Discussion

In the interim of UFS finding its new identity, and new potentially a new home...here are a couple ideas on different formats that could keep things interesting:

Anyway, i have a couple ideas about how to keep UFS fresh, even in the event of FFG's collapse on it. We could do the following:

1: Thuggin and Buggin League ...originally thought up by Raw Deal, and one of our former Scout's more brilliant suggestions: Basically this format answers the question: "What would my character card look like if i won Nats or Worlds?" So, the idea is to work with our local Scouts and come up with our very own character card. Support cards will be from our current legal format: B4. This type of format is very appealing to me, and it's also very reliant upon our local Scouts having a knack for balanced game design.

2: Old Dog, New Tricks ...basically, our standard format, but with our favorite (unbanned and unerrata'd) starting characters from previous sets.

3: Tekken Tag-Style. ..not restricted to Tekken cards only. lol. Rather, Should there be at least 6 players present and ready to rumble...they pair up in teams of two: Player A and Player B. At the onset of the games, Player A from Team 1 plays vs Player A from Team 2. They play one round only. Loser rotates out from Player B. Round two starts with Player B at starting vitality, and the winning Player A from the prior round starts at the vitality he had from prior the prior round. So, the winning Player A wins round one with 10 vitality left. S/He would start round two vs Player B from the losing team with 10 vitality. The overall match lasts until one team has both players eliminated from play.

Anyway...i LOVE this game and will continue to play it, even if it's no longer an actual "produced" game. Hope this helps some...

Don't forget Cube drafting.

Build a cardpool to represent a pile of boosters for drafting. Make that card pool up of unique cards from wherever in the collection and see what sort of crazy awesome combos can originate from it.