'Tis a Sad Morning...

By Korrin, in UFS Uk Forum

Having just spent the last 30 minutes reading what is, mainly, drivel from some other players, I thought I'd pop a post here in the UK boards to get people's opinions.

I don't think many people will be overly surprised at the announcement - I know I'm not. The game has been struggling for a while now, both here and in the USA, and so I suspected this might be the Dec SotG.

However, as Whizzwang says, I don't see any reason to actually stop playing this game, or collecting the cards. There's about 2 older cards that I still need copies of (Fury of the Ancients *grumble grumble*) and some of Tekken and QfS, and then I'm set to keep playing. I registered a tournament for Chimera for Jan 16th, and assuming the alleged "big final OP kit" turns up, I shall be making it into a big final hurrah for the official OP side of the game.

What are other people's thoughts?

Kev

it is indeed a sad morning, but not entirely unexpected, as much as i loved the game and all the great people i've met playing it, its fair to say that the game has been in decline for quite some time, none of it helped by endless delays in stock being released, problem cards being ignored and kneejerk reactions when they did realise the metagame was boned. i personally feel the big problem was the forced rotation, the game as it was, was an obscene control war every game but at least you had options and had to think what you were going to do, in block 4, i go first play foundations, you go, play foundations, my turn i hit you in the face until you fall over, if you survive, you beat my face in and its all over before turn 3, all the strategy had gone out of the game and whoever could go turbo aggro first won. it was just too far of a swing and as much as i dislike pure control in any game, it needs to exist to provide some variety to the meta.

I for one would love a final tournament, a big event for the uk players to meet up and beat the crap out of each other again, if something can be organized for the new year it would be wicked, will keep an eye on here in case something comes together, i'm sure we'll all see each other again, there will always be other games and new battles to fight.

see you all on the other side, merry christmas and a rocking new year

Baz

Hi all, I'm still alive : )

I'm really sad to hear this, even if it is completely expected. The main reason all of the Sheffield players quit UFS is because we were all sure this was coming after Soul Calibur, but I didn't post lots of negative things on our farewell post as it would probably have helped kill the game itself at thet point : /

I know most of the Sheffield players will still be travelling to conventions, etc for other games, hopefully this istrue of other play areas as well?

It's been a fantastic four years meeting and playing with the UFS community, so thank you to everyone for making UFS a great game :)

- Ross

Raw Deal survived (after a fashion) after CI pulled the plug on that. No reason why we can't keep a small community of UFS players active just playing random games of what is a quite nifty little set pf mechanics for a card game.

very very sad news. As most of u know i quit at nationals (was kinda expecting it at the time) but i have kept up to date on the latest due to my brother contuing playing. This game was so much fun for all the years it has been around and i have met some really cool people to go with it will be so sad to see it die.

that said if there was one final big legacy event to meet up for i would do everything i could to come along for one final hurrah

UFS tis was nice playing u

Coming soon.........UFS UK Nationals 2010..............The wheels have been set in motion............More News to follow..............

I shall not go quietly in to the night.....................

colour me intrigued

One last big Legacy goodbye Touranment would be awesome :) I am sure me and the Plymouth/Cornwall people would be there!

Just want to say thank you to all the UFS players in the UK for being Awesome :)

I can't think of a worse way to send off UFS than a legacy tournament to be honest. The reason I quit was the legacy era cards were ****** up and broken, the reason i came back was fantastic direction the game was going with the current block.

OK, just briefly as I haven't worked the whole thing out yet, but I have had several people ask already I will impart the little knowledge that exists:

Date: Don't know yet, possibly March, Possibly May, not sure yet

Where: The Games Shop, Aldershot - I make no apologies for this, I have travelled this country and others for tournaments, but I work in a shop with 2200 square foot of gaming space that I can use for free.

Format: There will be two events, one Standard, one Legacy, that way people can play in what they want to play in and say good bye in their own way.

Prizes: Buggered if I know, what ever I can beg, borrow or steal really.

There you go, that is the current state of play.

Sounds good to me.

www.commitone.com

Maybe this as a format at nats

Never got to play in a tournament or meet other players.....i hope this game doesnt die completely because it is a really enjoyable game with quite a great community, and it would be a shame to see it die.

I hope that there are tournaments still going on in the future, that i can manage to get to travel too XD.

But no matter what i will still build my decks and such in the hope that this game will come back strong and fighting harder XD.

Tuesday said:

www.commitone.com

Maybe this as a format at nats

Persuade (or bribe) me ............ happy.gif

cus u know u wanna do it free style :P plus it accually makes sense with the list

I don't think anyone could honestly say this wasn't expected. I had a lot of fun playing UFS over the years but at the same time there were tournaments where I wanted to tear my eyes out due to how ridiculous the game had become.

It's nice to have some closure on the game to be honest, and means i can stop feeling frustrated over what the game has become and instead look back at how cool it was once upon a time and be happy that I was a part of it. Thanks to all the awesome people over the years that kept me coming back for more. I'm sure I'll see you around somewhere again at some point.

hello all well if there is one final big game you can count me in plus it has been had to find players with in the surrey area