Anima Game LFP's

By Forsparda, in Anima: Beyond Fantasy RPG

I'm looking for at least two Anima Beyond Fantasy players for a game I intend to run. Specs below, please be sure to read them completely.

System: Anima Beyond Fantasy

Frequency: Weekly

Time: Wednesdays, 11 am – 2 pm Pacific Time -8:00 UTC (Please let people know if you cannot make it so we know you didn't just quit from disliking the game)

Game Style & Structure : Story Centric to Open World. The level of danger is as set by the game world itself. Gaia is deadly for the stupid. This is a fresh campaign from level 1.

Character Creation: 65 Point Buy for Characteristics, everything else is as listed in the books.

Feel of the Game: Realistic. If you piss off a rich man it'll bite you in the rear. If you try to fight a dark dragon out of the gate you'll die. Know your limits and use them accordingly. This isn't Dragonball and it's not Berserk. Remember that it falls somewhere in the middle like real life. There may be terrible moments and there may be fluffy moments, don't expect them all the time.

Players Interested in Recruiting: Players who do not forget the setting their character is in when making decisions.

House Rules: None, nor will there ever be until I've actually mastered the system.

Rule Conflicts: Specific rules trump general rules. In the case of a conflict from the same source rule from the latest source. Anything beyond that will be dealt with swiftly until after the game. Example: D&D states that you only add strength to melee attacks, weapon focus says add one more though doesn't it? Specific. Trumps. General.

Mature Content: Yes. It's not going to be the focus but as this plays fairly realistically it's entirely possible that you run into a dark scene. Whether it be torture, ****, murder, or gore. Even motives may be heavy for some as racists, sexists, and pedophiles may exist in universe.

Technical commodoties required by players: We are playing this on Maptool and using Skype to communicate. This means you'll need a microphone and probably headset, as well as knowledge of how to use Maptool and Skype. If you cannot use these reliably then do not apply please.

What can you expect from me? Fairness. I won't cheat you, but I won't cheat for you, since that would also be cheating other players and you. I'm not going to GM fiat because of bad luck or a terrible idea on your part. Too many people tell me that I should make characters magically live because it's good story telling or being a good GM. No it's not. Without risk any reward is flat and hollow.

To apply simply contact the GM at drachirtheindomitable on Skype. Upon contact the following will be asked of you. Please reply to all questions as they suit you so I can get a better feel on what to design for you.

Some things about the GM below here.

My name is Richard.

I regularly run or used to run Pathfinder from Paizo. Before that it was D&D. I played Anima once in a one year campaign, and I ran the module in the GM Toolkit once for a few months. After a decade and a half of running games in D&D and similar games, I realized that I liked Anima far more. It had more freedom in character development and felt a lot more fluid than D&D. So I'm now looking to replace my Pathfinder games with regular Anima games. In my own opinion, and don't take this as me not liking D&D, it's main problem is that it's age shows, and not in a good way. Clunky systems abound in D&D and no amount of salvaging it will work. It's a flaw of it's core concept and mechanics not meshing very well. I apologize for not making this post myself, but for some reason FFG has yet to allow me to post anything, I just made a NEW account in the hopes that this time I'll get permissions quicker.

Glad to see that there are people still running online games. I personally would love to play, but cannot fit the game in during the day. I hope that you find some players to run an awesome adventure with, though. Also, to clarify for potential players: Are you using Core Exxet changes to spells and skill bonuses?