Insane Condition Questions

By BrokenCode, in Mansions of Madness

I have questions on a particular 2+ Insane Condition card. For those who haven't run into this one yet, the rest of this post will be in a spoiler tag.

Insane Condition - Forbidden Words

1) We played it where both the player and her investigator could not speak. Is this right?

2) If your investigator has this condition, does this mean that you cannot perform any speaking interactions with NPCs? If so, could make certain scenarios unsolveable?

No this condition is only that you as a player may not speak. To be frank i am considering removing this card from my insane deck since, it might be gimmicky and fun the first 5 minutes when someone gets it. But...

1. Once someone gets it you know quite fast that he got that one, and thereby the suspicions are gone.

2. Playing for example the long scenario and getting that condition early on will ruin the experience for the player that gets it.

3. When we play, i usually sit with the laptop and read aloud. That would be hard if i get that condition :)

I actually like keeping this in, especially if you are running with the 3+ ones. It gives something for people to fall back on when they have a new goal.