Which Expansion to go for?

By MarcelloKing, in Runebound

We got the base game and are really enjoying it. Question is: Which expansion is the best one and are they worth the money?

Do they change things up a bit? Do they add value to the game? Replayability?

Thanks guys! :)

The easy answer is both! But to give an actual answer to your question I will answer it with a question: what are you looking to expand? If you are tired of playing against Margath and Vorakesh and want a new villain to fight, Caught in a Web is the expansion to go for. If you are happy with the two existing villains, but want more of everything else, The Gilded Blade is the way to go. Both come with a hero who is new to 3rd edition Runebound. I haven't played Jonas yet, but Red Scorpion, which is included with The Gilded Blade is a lot of fun.

Although they are a tad expensive for what you get, I do think they add value to the game, and I am glad I got them. I will also pick up the two other expansions that have been announced, but not yet been released.

I got them both. Michael Scorefan has it right. I especially like the new sellable assets such as contraband added by The Gilded Blade. With these combined with the base set, some kind of delivery variant could be cooked up...

At the moment both add a bit of variety to the game and include a new hero each. Personally speaking i felt the original box needed a new quest adventure so Caught in a Web was definately a more exciting buy for me. The advantage of the Gilded Blade expansion though is that you can include the contents in any game if you want.

The expansions are not that cheap but if you like the game and want more variety i think they are worth it and the new hero is great. I will probably also get The Mountains Rise as i like having different monster enemies around but i will probably not get A Dark Star Falls simply because a lot of my gaming is solo or with one player and i prefer to make this more co-operative in style than battle it out to win - this is a personal preference but Dark Star wont add much for me as a result and the contents of scenario packs are rather specifically used within that adventure. Now if they did a co-operative adventure i would certainly buy that.

If you want just one set only i think i would get Caught in a Web.

All of them I need more Heroes