Sad Face

By Gizmological, in UFS General Discussion

While UFS hasnt been a game I've played in the last year I still enjoyed knowing it was out there and thought about making a run of it several times. The game had a lot of problems from day one but it's potential was so great that it kept pushing people to stick with it. The community didn't hurt either, when we could play nice.

Has anyone suggested to Steve that a Shadowar LCG might be the way to go instead of worrying about Street Fighter, etc? IDK, maybe the numbers just aren't right. I know I would buy 3-4 of the core sets as would most of the people I know who've quit.

Also, PT team: Let's get some of these unpublished set files up so we can proxy new stuff. I don't see why Hata wouldn't clear it.

Anyways, I'll probably be picking up some (cheap) collections on ebay as they start to pile up. I'm finally going to finish my UFS fountain.

To everyone I've met in the past 4ish years playing this one I'd just like to say thanks. I hope I'll bump into you again sometime.

**EXTRA BONUS**: Ufs Fountain Rules:

Each player starts with Olcadan as their character and Hualin's Shop in play.

The deck is comprised of all card types. Should be about 30% foundations, 10% actions, 10% assets, 20% characters, 30% attacks.

When a player makes a control check they roll a d6. On a 1 or 6 they roll again. If they roll the same result again that's what they get.

Multi-player is encouraged!

Unifiedshoe said:

Also, PT team: Let's get some of these unpublished set files up so we can proxy new stuff. I don't see why Hata wouldn't clear it.

At this point I doubt there'd be any problems. Hell, if they could release the files themselves it would be a nice going away present.

Homme Chapeau said:

Unifiedshoe said:

At this point I doubt there'd be any problems. Hell, if they could release the files themselves it would be a nice going away present.

i herd about many games did it before diying completlty (LOTR)

I'm pretty sure I can tell you this... there were never any more sets created.What we have was finished around can nats. I kind of knew the game was dead because we hadn't worked on anything in months. Set 15 was supposed to be SF with ryu ken cammy vega and another char tbd later. But again that never went further than that.

Can we at least dig out the Warhammer Set? Someone's got to have a pdf somewhere.

Who still plays the game for the characters and licenses? Does anyone just play it mechanics?

i stopped caring about licenses pretty much a few weeks after i started playing XD

Who wants to play an LCG just based on mechanics?

I would.

TripsEX said:

I would.

Would love to see a Shadowar LCG.

I'm pretty sure that, if there were an NDA, that releasing information would be a violation of such NDA, and that any playtester that appreciated the neccesity and difficulties of working with liscencing companies, and respected the work he did, would not post any such files.

I'm sure the files will be up somewhere by Xmas. :P

There are no such files.

Even though I haven't played in 2 years or so, it's kinda sad that the game is dead now (and here I was thinking of making more Touhou sets. Booo!). For not only all of those who put in the time and effort into the game, but for the fans and everyone who have had a good time going to places, meeting other people, etc. OP hit it right on (and now I must wonder how much I can get out of my collection D: ).

Hey Xenomic,

I sent a friends request, because i'd like to commission you for a fan set of UFS.

Are you still in the biz of doing this? Hit me up and lemme know. Thanks!

RockStar

[email protected]

Sol Badguy said:

TripsEX said:

I would.

Would love to see a Shadowar LCG.

I'd play that game. or this game...I don't care about the licenses I just like the game system :) granted the License is what got me into the game :)

TripsEX said:

Who still plays the game for the characters and licenses? Does anyone just play it mechanics?

At this point I'd play it for the mechanics provided we could keep them fresh.

Homme Chapeau said:

TripsEX said:

At this point I'd play it for the mechanics provided we could keep them fresh.

seriously this game isnt like any other out there and its amazing because of it...

I think the best way to get the game started again would be to just start with shadowar and go from there even if the licenses were small and far between that would be way better then nothin at all

There are many fighting games or games in general that could be explored and might even be very cheap for whoever decides to pick this game up if said thing does happen

Da_ghetto_gamer said:

I think the best way to get the game started again would be to just start with shadowar and go from there even if the licenses were small and far between that would be way better then nothin at all

There are many fighting games or games in general that could be explored and might even be very cheap for whoever decides to pick this game up if said thing does happen

Thing is ShadoWar is not "tied" with UFS - It was originally slated to be, but it's still a different beast altogether. We may not even gain access to ShadoWar.

Homme Chapeau said:

Da_ghetto_gamer said:

Thing is ShadoWar is not "tied" with UFS - It was originally slated to be, but it's still a different beast altogether. We may not even gain access to ShadoWar.

Im sure if steve is wanting UFS to survive like everyone is saying they should be able to work something out. But if not then we can come up with someone entirely new there are alot of creative minds in this game and they could all be put to use

RockStar said:

Hey Xenomic,

I sent a friends request, because i'd like to commission you for a fan set of UFS.

Are you still in the biz of doing this? Hit me up and lemme know. Thanks!

RockStar

[email protected]

I might be able to do a fan set. Depends on what it is of course. Haven't made anything in the past 6 months though so....^^;;