December 2009 SOTG

By FFGSteve, in UFS General Discussion

HAHAHA As expected. I had the same discussions back then, you are really typical. All I will say at the end about the modularity problem is this: "think about all you sacrificed to be able to run all those resources in your deck", you cannot have multi-symbols decks works without have cards to support it, where in Magic, you do NOT need dual-lands to do multi-colors, no sacrifice just a bonus, in one game it is easy, in the other it is a pain. As I said, you guys are probably going to stay blind about it forever, your angry reaction only show that.

You know, another reason you guys lost so much people, telling people to GTFO without caring, it is one less customers. It makes me laugh when now we all have to GTFO.

Oh and btw good call making Magic steal the idea of Duel decks, for once that you had a great idea, you don't exploit it to the max.

Good luck with your project of reviving the game. In my hope it is a waste of energy.

Bye.

Kyo_Yagami said:

HAHAHA As expected. I had the same discussions back then, you are really typical. All I will say at the end about the modularity problem is this: "think about all you sacrificed to be able to run all those resources in your deck", you cannot have multi-symbols decks works without have cards to support it, where in Magic, you do NOT need dual-lands to do multi-colors, no sacrifice just a bonus, in one game it is easy, in the other it is a pain. As I said, you guys are probably going to stay blind about it forever, your angry reaction only show that.

You know, another reason you guys lost so much people, telling people to GTFO without caring, it is one less customers. It makes me laugh when now we all have to GTFO.

Oh and btw good call making Magic steal the idea of Duel decks, for once that you had a great idea, you don't exploit it to the max.

Good luck with your project of reviving the game. In my hope it is a waste of energy.

Bye.

Kyo_ please leave it alone. We disagree, and you disagree with our disagreeing. What purpose is this serving? I'm sorry we haven't recongnized your brilliance! But its a bit late now. And besides, who is right, who is wrong?

For instance, for reasons other than thsoe mentioned above, I think the UFS system had flaws. And also for reasons' not listed above i feel MtG has fundamental flaws (in system and player base alike, due to competetive interests). But you'll disagree because you think UFS had flaws for YOUR reasons only, and that MtG is perfect. So whatever. This game is 'dead' now. This forum long forgot in a few months. Its player base will keep it alive as long as it wants. You were right, there was something 'wrong' with the game in this market. The other details are irrelevant...

Wow dude, it seems pretty pathetic that you probably popped into the UFS fourms every couple of months to finally get that "I told ya so" when the game died. And you only had to wait what like 2-3 years. Good job dude, put your **** back in your pants because no one cares. Go pratice your deck stacking so you can win you some FNM foils!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111

Kyo_Yagami said:

Bye.

Okay okay wait...

I've seen people play dual-colour decks in MTG and played them myself. The one time I tried to play a dual-colour deck without any dual lands (I didn't have access to them at the time) I constantly wound up drawing the wrong mana for the cards I had in my hand.

You technically don't NEED dual-resource cards to build a dual-resource deck in UFS either, you just have to hope you draw the right cards to chain off - just like hoping you draw the right Land to support your mana costs.

You'd have to be batshit insane to build a multi-colour MTG deck without any kind of dual lands or Birds or SOME kind of variable-colour mana source. Just like in UFS you'd be insane to build a dual-resource deck without carrying enough cards with both resources... and generally if you were working a dual-resource strategy, many of the cards you'd need to run that carry both resources probably support your deck anyway (e.g. Air/Chaos share a lot of momentum generation, and both Air and Chaos individually carry good effects that cost momentum, making them an easy pairing - just one of many examples).

I'm giving you an angry reaction because you jumped in here and paraded about how **** UFS is. What the **** reaction did you expect to get, dipshit? I'm not telling EVERYONE to GTFO, either - I'm telling YOU to GTFO, because you're a holier-than-thou douchebag who jumped in here purely to talk **** to the remaining players and about the potentially dead card game. Cocksucker.

Kyo...

two things you may have missed:

1) Omar Chavez won the 2008 US Nationals running a FOUR symbol Voldo deck. FOUR. The guy got a card for building the best deck with FOUR Symbols.

So Multi-symboling in UFS was more then viable, without sacrificing anything. That's one of many examples that fly in the face of what you're preaching.

2) You NEED Multilands if you're going to dual symbol in magic at a competitive level. I'm just getting back into Magic, and from everything I'm seeing, every deck needs to $100-$150 on the Mana/Land Base alone to be competitive. Show me a Worlds/Nats/PT Winning deck that uses multiple colors, and uses nothing but basic lands for the mana base, and I'll shut up.

Other then that - I echo what J-Dub said.

Hey everyone my store manager here in Port Angeles has been fighting for UFS and she said that if we can show that they can make more money off of it then they were making they would reconsider about canceling it. so Try to get your friends into the game so that we can bring it back to life.

Who said what about who to whom?

My store manager here in Port Angeles Called one of the guys at fantasy flight games and she talked to them for a while and the guy said they would call a meeting and reconsider canceling it and start producing it again.

I would be happy if they did - don't get me wrong. But my skeptic alarm is going off. Also I would want to make sure their heart was into it and that it would not be a half-ass relaunch.

dwolf52000 said:

I would be happy if they did - don't get me wrong. But my skeptic alarm is going off. Also I would want to make sure their heart was into it and that it would not be a half-ass relaunch.

Seconded 4 sure id love to see this game take off again but it has to be done right this time around and no playing around

Not that i believe itll happen but just sayin

I dont know if there are still people reading this but my store manager said that she got the e-mail from fantasy flight games saying that if we get this game to a fan base of 2,500 they will relaunch it.

Braydox said:

I dont know if there are still people reading this but my store manager said that she got the e-mail from fantasy flight games saying that if we get this game to a fan base of 2,500 they will relaunch it.

Which is their way of saying it's not gonna happen anytime soon.

I have a hard time believing the game wouldnt hit that level if it were reintroduced as a living card game. I'm honestly really suprised FFG didn't go ahead and release a Shadowar boxed set before pulling the plug.

Unifiedshoe said:

I have a hard time believing the game wouldnt hit that level if it were reintroduced as a living card game. I'm honestly really suprised FFG didn't go ahead and release a Shadowar boxed set before pulling the plug.

As am i, tbh. I think a ShadoWar LCG would be HAWT!

My prior comment merely points out that FFG isn't going to throw any more $$ into the game unless the Fan Base grows on its own, without any advertisement or Support - which it won't.

Thats only 50 players in each state that wont be that hard to do especially since people in canada also play UFS. So it won't really be that hard to get the UFS population up to 2500. And when that happens they need another tekkan 6 set.

Braydox said:

Thats only 50 players in each state that wont be that hard to do especially since people in canada also play UFS. So it won't really be that hard to get the UFS population up to 2500. And when that happens they need another tekkan 6 set.

Truly, i appreciate your optimism. May it be so.

Nuuu! I don't get my Raphael now! D: *fumes* I don't think the fact that I have Mitsurugi and Amy can make me feel better... everyone but my main love was released... so crappy... Ima miss this game even though I didn't play in tournaments T_T RIP

Are you located in the US? If so, which coast? If you're on the West Coast, then there are still a couple playgroups that meet weekly.

Heyyyy. I am an eager ufs player. i would just like to say don't forget about us players in england!!! everyone in my local game shop is fully behind this. this is probably about 20 people. so don't forget you have englands backing lol :)

If you are not on the UFS mailing list, and would like to know what is going on and where the game stands please e-mail [email protected]

At the end of the month (March 2010) we should have our new website up, and you will be able to find all new happenings and news regarding UFS and by then, hopefully the new ownership of the UFS license. Please visit www.jascogames.com at the end of this month and we will hopefully have any answers to your questions there at that time. If it is not yet up and running when you check, it will be shortly so keep checking in.

Thank you,

Jason

sounds like a great game , i'm tempted .