Is it even possible to play this game?

By any2cards, in Mansions of Madness

I purchased MOM2e when it came out. I downloaded the app (IOS) and have upgraded it when each update came out (now on 1.0.2).

Having said the above, I have yet to play the game/app. This is because of what I see in both the Mansions of Madness Bug Report and Application Patch Notes threads within this forum.

Based on what you see in these threads, it seems that it simply is not possible to complete any of the included 4 scenarios due to numerous bugs.

Is this a fair statement?

Has anyone been able to play any of these scenarios to their conclusion with no issues?

If so, which ones?

Are you okay if you complete the scenario within one sitting, without leveraging the save feature?

I realize that this game ***MAY*** have been rushed to get it done for GenCon, but if not, I really wonder where all of the play testing was? How was it possible that all of the bugs mentioned slipped through without anyone at FFG noticing them? I mean, it seems that if they simply attempted to save and restart a game they would know they had problems.

I have friends coming into town this week for 6 weeks of gaming every day. I really want to play this game, but I am not going to put them (or me for that matter) through the frustration of playing for several hours only to have the **** app hang.

Perhaps I will put off playing this game until say the start of September, in the hopes that more bug fixes are made, allowing the game to function the way that it should.

Anyway, any feedback that those of you who have played the game can provide would be appreciated, especially if there is a scenario of the 4 that can be completed without issues.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by any2cards

I've played the initial scenario, saved it overnight and resumed the next day with no problems.

I have played both Scenario 1 and 3 without problems, and the only problems i see people posting about are scenario 2 and the save function

How cute. You think that scenarios cannot be completed based on the vocal minority, completely oblivious to the fact that people who actually complete stuff - rarely post angry rants about it (or anything, actually).

Testing can't possibly cover all hardware/OS combinations.

Some stuff will have slipped through but is being fixed quickly.

All the scenarios work except the 2nd one which sometimes bugs out right at the end.

So, yes, its quite possible to play it, and many have. And its very good.

Yep, as others have said. Scenarios 1, 3 and 4 should work perfectly fine. It's only 2 which has real issues and they will hopefully be resolved in the next patch.

I played the first scenario with no bugs; it's really fun. Go ahead and play it with your friends, it should be fine.

Does anyone know how often the 2nd scenario bugs out at the end? As a fan of Innsmouth I really want to play it and it has a nice difficulty bump (beat the Cycle 1st try). All these bug reports have scared me off though. I'd like another scenario under my belt before Shattered Bonds, and Rising Tide is too long for me today. Plus, I wanted to do it last.

I do have an in-shrink copy of Star Trek Frontiers sitting on the floor I may break out and learn instead of playing MoM today and come back when the bug is patched.

How cute. You think that scenarios cannot be completed based on the vocal minority, completely oblivious to the fact that people who actually complete stuff - rarely post angry rants about it (or anything, actually).

How cute. You make an assumption about what I think, and add little value, if any, to the thread.

The whole point of the post was to give those who have successfully played a scenario the chance to state same, and to perhaps offer some advice as to what is currently playable while we wait for additional bug fixes.

No, it is not a fair statement. The game has worked perfectly for me besides scenario 2. A lot of the other bugs that people are reporting involve a few minor text errors and such. I do not regret my purchase at all and I am having a blast playing the game! I'm very faithful that FFG will have the game bug free in a short period of time.

Testing can't possibly cover all hardware/OS combinations.

Some stuff will have slipped through but is being fixed quickly.

that's almost funny. App testing needs to do just that.

How cute. You make an assumption about what I think, and add little value, if any, to the thread.

The whole point of the post was to give those who have successfully played a scenario the chance to state same, and to perhaps offer some advice as to what is currently playable while we wait for additional bug fixes.

And to think of it, of all the constructive and helpful posts in your thread, the only one you answer - is mine.

Regardless, I think my point was made pretty clear: people who don't have problems - don't create threads about how they don't have problems. My game is yet to arrive, however I "played" through a couple of scenarios several times to see how it's going and everything went pretty smooth and without any bugs.

I haven't done scenario 2 yet, but I've had two very successful games so far, and I've been asked to demo/run the game for people next Saturday for Lovecraft's birthday.

This game is awesome, and I'm sure they'll get the bugs sorted out.

Have now completed Scenarios 1 and 4 and played Scenario 3 where we died. All 3 without any problems

After about 8 hours of cumulative playing with the different scenarios, we (my group) haven't had any problems yet.

We dig it!

Does anyone know how often the 2nd scenario bugs out at the end? As a fan of Innsmouth I really want to play it and it has a nice difficulty bump (beat the Cycle 1st try). All these bug reports have scared me off though.

Wondering this too. How common are these bugs?

Also, are they more common on certain platforms (Android, iOs, Steam)?