If you already have the first edition stuff

By nathrotep, in Mansions of Madness

Will you still get to play the new scenarios that come with the new expansion boxes, or do you have to buy them?

I think once you tell the app you have 1st edition stuff it unlocks the new scenario.

I think once you tell the app you have 1st edition stuff it unlocks the new scenario.

I own all the expansion for the 1st edition and tried the add to my collection and still only have the 4 scenarios.

I own all the expansion for the 1st edition and tried the add to my collection and still only have the 4 scenarios.

The OP was referring to scenarios coming in the Tiles and Monsters collection, not to the scenarios coming with the core set. To sum this up:

a) scenario in the core box are 4, regardless of whether you have 1st edition or not. Enabling 1st edition grants more replayability (maps for scenario 1 moves from 4 to 6, for example)

b) each Tile and Monster collection set comes with a new scenario; if you have 1st edition, these scenarios will be available for free

Hope this clarifies any doubt

Thanks for your reply.

Yes. I want to put all the 1e stuff back into its proper box. Plus I feel the newer board quality far exceeds 1e. The saturation gives a nice spooky feel in my opinion.