Suggestions for clearer App UI

By Sand2404, in Mansions of Madness

I have two suggestions that will make the app clearer to use.

I hope it's the right place to write these :)

1) Distinguish "story text" from "instruction text"

The app shows all text as one long paragraph, and that really hurts the readability and thus - the game experience.

It's especially notable when the person who controls the app needs to return to the instructions - and has to scan through the story text again in search for the instructions.

So it would help if the story text would be separated from the instructions, exactly as it's done in card games, in which flavor text is designed differently (usually it's italicized)

so it's immediately distinguished from instructions text.

A vertical space between the story and instruction paragraphs will also help.

2) When describing skill tests, distinguish "success text" from "failure text"

Whenever the app instructs what to do in case of success and failure, the same problem occurs again - it just shows a long paragraph.

So distinguishing between the two would help in this case as well.

In this case they should just be presented in different paragraphs (separated by a vertical space), with a clear heading to each ("If you pass:" and "if you fail:").

Using color will make it even clearer - green for the success text and red for the failure text (Probably just coloring the text will not suffice since it won't be readable

on the black background, so maybe using a colored background or border for the paragraphs will solve this).

Again, this will make the scanning of the text much easier for the person who uses the app.

I hope it's taken into consideration, but in any case - thanks for such an amazing game!

Edited by Sand2404