Has FFG addressed the packaging on boosters?

By player662012, in Star Wars: Destiny

One of my complaints about Dicemasters is the way the boosters with 2 dice and 2 cards means I get mangled cards more often than not.

I'm hoping that 5 cards stacked together will stay more rigid, but thats also a single bigger dice in the package.

Has FFG addressed if they are packaging their boosters differently than Dicemasters?

I have not seen anything on it personally. I would assume based on FFG's reputation for quality products and the fact that the cards will be put into shuffled decks, that they will take measures to prevent damage. How far they take damage prevention is probably speculation at this point. But again, they do have a good track record for quality and damage control. In X wing, if your mini comes beat up, they will replace it and its not even a hard process. I cant imagine they would want to replace a billion cards because of crap packaging so I would assume they will take steps to minimize it.

If you were at GenCon and got to hold the die you would have seen how big they are and they have rounded edges and corners. There are also 5 cards in a booster. All those things combined I think will go towards not damaging the cards. As long as the cards doent get stuck in the glue in the seams like is popular with DM boosters we are probably ok.

I am betting that the boosters will be contained in some kind of plastic clamshell under the booster wrapper. If you look at the images of the booster packs, they look "boxy".

I am betting that the boosters will be contained in some kind of plastic clamshell under the booster wrapper. If you look at the images of the booster packs, they look "boxy".

That was the impression I got from the packaging. It looked like an internal blister, with the cards protected behind it. This sort of thing has been done before, and works very well to protect the cards.

They definitely look more substantial than the Dice Master boosters.

They do look pretty big on the outside. Of course it could be like the thing where you open a bag of potato chips and half of the bag is just empty air.