Exchange Of Information and Breaking News

By enrasilver, in Android: Netrunner Rules Questions

If an opp has an installed breaking news that they score with their first two clicks and then with their third they play an exchange of information to switch the breaking news for another agenda, do the tags from the breaking news stay? I know that with 24/7 news cycle the tags stay since only the first sentence on the card is being triggered and so the second sentence never happens. However, the second sentence reads "When the turn on which you scored breaking news ends, the runner loses two tags". This doesn't specify WHERE the agenda has be in order for the tags to be lost nor does it specify that they have to be the exact two tags that were given by the breaking news. I thought there might be something about agenda text boxes being blank while in the runners score area but I've looked through the core rulebook plus the FAQ and was unable to find any mention of that. Just trying to get my head around this....... any help would be appreciated!

Breaking News has two separate effects, which are triggered independently - one when scored, one at the end of the turn it was scored.

Agenda text is only active in the Corp score area unless otherwise noted.

If the Corp scores BN then uses Exchange of Information, then at the end of the turn that BN was scored, the text on the agenda is not active, and the second effect never triggers. The runner will keep the tags.

Incidentally, the rule you're looking for isn't that the text box is blank, but it's the LACK of a rule stating that the text is active while in the Runner score area (as opposed to the existence of a rule stating it IS active while in the Corp score area).

While an agenda is in the Corporation's score area, it is active and adds its agenda points to his score.

While an agenda is in the Runner's score area, it adds its agenda points to his score.

Emphasis added.

That helps! Thanks!