Adapted Follow-Up Scenario

By Nate, in The Force Awakens Beginner Game

Huh. Thanks for sharing that, Desslok.

Hopefully it still works for a dramatic backdrop?

-Nate

Oh, the falling into a sun scenario is a trope as old as the genre. I wouldn't pay the vague nitpicking of a old fogie any mind.

I love that you had the link to that video on hand

Oh, the falling into a sun scenario is a trope as old as the genre. I wouldn't pay the vague nitpicking of a old fogie any mind.

I'm always leery of using hard science facts in a genre that has ghosts, crying mountains, sound effects in space, and hyperspace.

And the reason that the son-of-the-death-star debris didn't crush the ewoks was because of Vader's Magic Glove :)

Not to mention PC powers that can throw spaceships at people and resurrect the dead.

If any sci-fi genre operated purely on Rule of Cool, it's this one.

Oh believe me - in a universe where laser beams move significantly slower than the speed of light, I have no issue cutting it some slack. I think this one stuck out because I had just watched that video a bit ago and it was fresh in my mind.

Oh, I know, Mr Penguin.

In fact, seeing as how my group has several major science buffs, this is the one sci-fi game I don't fear GMing for them, because the bottom line is:

"IT'S MAGIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!'

Because a Wizard (or Jedi) always did it.

Don't get me wrong; internal consistency in my game is important, but because this is pure science-fantasy, the hard facts don't get in the way of Rule of Cool.

Didn't Anakin almost pull that off after getting badly hurt during TCW animated series?

Is this where we get to debate genre and whether Star Wars is Sci-fi or Space Opera?

Is this where we get to debate genre and whether Star Wars is Sci-fi or Space Opera?

I'd say with the read-aloud text we get from FFG I'd say "Space Melodrama" ;)

(They do like to lay it on a bit thick)

Okay. This took me longer than I expected, especially considering that it's short and pretty simple. Even so, here's another little scenario that can be connected to "Rescue at Hosnian Prime." It's "The Spoils of War," and explores what happens when a band of pirates shows up to scavenge what valuables remain in the system after its destruction by the First Order.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/682vw124xs8b1yp/The Spoils of War.pdf?dl=0

-Nate