Fixing snapped TAP peg

By CoffeeMinion, in X-Wing Painting and Modification

I finally got my hands on a Tie Advanced Prototype, and foolishly handed it to my 5-year-old right before my first game with it. My little helper tried to put it on its base, but snapped the ship's peg receptacle thing right off, flush with the bottom of the ship's hull. I tried a quick fix using my old trusty Zap a Gap, but it didn't adhere to anything but my fingers.

I've never sought to modify or mess with my ships before, but I could use some advice about what to do here. I'd at least like to get to fly the thing once. Thanks!

Get a drill bit the right size and a pin vise drill. Drill out where the snapped peg is. Clip off the female end of a ship peg. GLue it on in there making sure you put it down on a base and it's pointing the right direction when you do.

Bam, your connection is now significantly stronger than it was before, as the original posts have a d-shaped profile to make sure they are glued in the right way round.

Solid advice. Thanks!

Plus, X-wing models and 5-year olds are usually a bad combination. They lack the manual dexterity required and more often than not, things end in tears, usually those of the parent!

:)

Time to magnetize it :)

I had this happen to my A-wing, Standard Super Glue has held everything just fine on that. And would be less work the Drilling out the bottom of your models.

Superglue will certainly work, but will be a lot less strong.

But this is the real best answer. Magnets rock. I want to magnetise my stuff sometime.

Superglue will certainly work, but will be a lot less strong.

But this is the real best answer. Magnets rock. I want to magnetise my stuff sometime.

I started using magnets and I think they are the best way to go.