Forbidden Stars miniatures

By Matth431, in Rogue Trader

Hi,

Has anyone bought the game and, if so, could you let me know how well the ship miniatures are scaled compared to the original Battlefleet Gothic ships? I already have a small collection of 3D-printed vessels at BFG-accurate scale but these were costly (~£30 for a light cruiser!) so the game seems a steal if the ship miniatures are of decent size...

Ta,

Matt

I sense they will be too small for BFG scale.

Edited by IceQube

Small but not massively so.

Remember that BFG models only exist at their 'point' (for gun range) and their 'base' (for working out ramming, boarding and ordnance) so it's no big deal if the scale is a little wrong.

Yeah, I took the plunge and they aren't too bad in terms of being in scale with each other and some of the BFG models. The larger Eldar ship is an Aurora and the stated length in the RT sourcebooks puts it about the same size as an Ork Kroozer, which it is, and both are in scale with the smaller vessels and the Chaos Iconoclast-class. Can't speak for the marine battlebarges but the only thing that seems out of scale is the bigger Chaos ship - the only thing that matches in the RT ship guides is the Repulsive-class Grand Cruiser, but that would mean the model should be about 40% larger. Unless there's a Chaos ship with a similar profile but only ~4-5km long?

They don't fit my big 3D prints, but are in scale with some of the smaller buys from Shapeways, particularly if you say the 3D printed Firestorms are actually Dauntless-class.

Err, gotta check but I think the second Eldar ship is a void stalker. That makes a kroozer look tiny. Also the battle barge is about 1/3 size and the iconoclast is but only a touch big. All the models but the hellebore, onslaught and ico are way different. Also you'd need GW bases if you'd be trying to bfg with them.

If it has two top fins it's the void stalker.

Err, gotta check but I think the second Eldar ship is a void stalker. That makes a kroozer look tiny. Also the battle barge is about 1/3 size and the iconoclast is but only a touch big. All the models but the hellebore, onslaught and ico are way different. Also you'd need GW bases if you'd be trying to bfg with them.

If it has two top fins it's the void stalker.

Might be - it does have two top fins, but the fin shape and rest of the side profile is smack-on for the Aurora and the size would match, so am happy enough using it as one.