Official Character creation rules

By RomulanPraetor, in Dark Heresy Rules Questions

Hey

I was searching the net for some hours but couldn't find any answer - so I'm sorry if I have overlooked something;

The Core rules state that I can "re-roll any_one characteristic"

So what does this exactly mean? Can I reroll 1 characteristic 1 time or any characteristic 1 time?

I'm a little puzlled here; all I found while searching for clarification were houserules and people "following" the rules by rolling first, re-rolling the lowest dice and assigning them to the characteristics how they liked - which the rules clearly state as wrong (re-roll must be kept even if worse, characteristics are rolled one at a time). - so I couldn't find one example where a character was rolled while strictly following the rules

Maybe this problem just occurs for non-native speakers; in translation "any_one" is quite unspecific in its meaning: "exactly one" or "one or more" are both used

So I could do with "any characteristic" or "one characteristic" but "any_one characteristic" is a bit of a problem

In my oppinion the option to re-roll every characteristic one time is not as much of a bonus as it might seem, since the second result must be kept - even if worse - realistically it just lowers the chance of a character to have (some) really bad characteristics. (I would never re-roll a 11+ since the odds of getting something better are below 50%)

- and therefore making the PC someone who is "cut above the rest of humanity"

Oh and please feel free to correct my english - no better way to learn, is there?

Any single one.

Out of the 10 characteristics you roll, you may pick only a single one of them, and then reroll that characteristic.

Is is the TheWorldSmith says. Any one implies that you are choosing 1 thing. If the text said you could re-roll each characteristic once, or that you could re-roll any number of characteristics one time, then you would be able to re-roll all of your characteristics.