Does the app auto save? (before I close it)

By palleon, in Mansions of Madness

Hi,

So the app has mostly stopped responding - a mob spawned and after I clicked the OK button it will now only let me press the book icon and the setting icon, and the save bit is greyed out. I have tried clicking all over the screen in case theres a hidden button waiting to be actioned but no joy.

Now, if I close it... will I lose all my progress? Been playing an hour and am deep into a story, and if I have to start again due to the app I may just give up :(

So, does anyone know if it autosaves as it goes?

Thanks

Well I had no choice, so had to close it.

And to answer my own question in case anyone else is in the same boat - it does autosave, but you might lose the previous turn. Its reloaded it, but it doesnt remember the last two monsters that appeared during its go, but it does remember I picked up a search token just before.

So, not too bad!

Phew!

Spoke too soon, it crashes in the same spot. Twice now. Even if I choose different options.

And this is why App driven boardgames that cost $100 are not such a good idea.

From the current FFG patch notes (v1.0.1): " Please note: We have detected various issues with saved games. We recommend trying to play a scenario in a single session if possible. "

Seems to be a known bug for the moment. Hope FFG manages to fix this soon. :wacko:

Spoke too soon, it crashes in the same spot. Twice now. Even if I choose different options.

And this is why App driven boardgames that cost $100 are not such a good idea.

Send a report with the details of your problem at their support service. I had 6 playthroughs with Innsmouth and it never crashed, it's probably something related to your specific OS.

It's pretty normal that we see a few of these bugs these days, it's impossible for a limited number of testers and developers test all the scenarios on every possible operative system and under different circumstances, so, it's normal that when the app is released for a wider audience, some specific problems arise. FFG media team is good at ironing these things out, I'm sure even your bug will be fixed asap