Rule Q

By hashrat, in Mansions of Madness

Hi folks, just had the app ask me to apply an effect to the Investigator with the lowest 'insert thing here'.

Mine are tied, I chose one at random between the tied ones, but can't find a rule covering this.

Anyone care to point me in the right direction?

Cheers!

In case of conflict (such as no single eligibe target available but a group of potential targets) investigators as a group decide

Cheers.

Just managed to 'more or less' complete the first mission.

I don't know if it is because I added all the 1st edition stuff or not, but it was an utter nightmare lol. Barely scraped by, faced all sorts of horrors and was well on the way to a full party wipe.

Only thing I didn't care for was a runic puzzle, it had far too many possible combinations to be fun to work out.

Actually it says in the reference guide under Random, that in this event you should roll a dice or choose one at random. It does not say the investigators decide - presumably as this would allow you to pick the best option :)

Actually it says in the reference guide under Random, that in this event you should roll a dice or choose one at random. It does not say the investigators decide - presumably as this would allow you to pick the best option :)

The section for random says that it only applies when a rule or effect states that something is decided randomly.

The conflict section would apply here, since it's a game effect that can have multiple outcomes (depending on which is chosen) which means the investigators choose. Should the investigators fail to make a decision, the section on conflict says to decide an investigator, randomly, and they get to choose.

Note, however, that you have to pick the target before you find out the effect. It's quite possible that you pick a target, and find out that you actually picked poorly. In the last game, my group twice thought we were being clever but ended up making things WORSE when the app made the effect not be completely in line with the criteria.

I just rolled a dice in the end. I must admit these dice don't like me lol, more bad rolls than good. Or it 'feels' that way, not saying they are actually bad dice.

Cheers.

Just managed to 'more or less' complete the first mission.

I don't know if it is because I added all the 1st edition stuff or not, but it was an utter nightmare lol. Barely scraped by, faced all sorts of horrors and was well on the way to a full party wipe.

Only thing I didn't care for was a runic puzzle, it had far too many possible combinations to be fun to work out.

I have problems with the way they do the "picture puzzles" in game. If you haven't seen the picture previously for at least two of the puzzles (I've seen so far) you have little idea how to solve it as the clues in the tiles themselves are far too numerous and subtle to follow in a couple of player turns. I got lucky once, had a hard time three separate times. At least with the "code" puzzles there is a analytical logic to them.

One of the picture puzzles is in the LtP manual (if you need it) and one of them is the image on a Unique Item.

I love the puzzles, and I think it's good that you don't know what the pictures look like. It makes it a challenge.

Yup, it's very realistic: it's the first time the investigator faces that peculair challenge, and it's hardly believable that somewhere in the mansions there's a picture of the puzzle completed. Great immersion, imo