Thoughts on the game (Late to the party I know.)

By sloan_man, in Mutant Chronicles

I picked up pretty much the whole run (Minus capitol and lost legions) during fantasy flights holiday sale. $33 for 9 pounds of miniatures, why not?

Gothic Sci-fi is my favorite Genre, so I figured I'd give the game a whirl.

Am I ever sorry I did'nt help support the game when it went live, What fun! I'm enamoured with the army building system, the amount of flexibility that choosing between figs, cards and orders provides is invigorating. And I'll never understand the dislike for the 54mm mini's, Makes the action more intimate.

I'm sure I'm just echoing what other folks have said, but even is MC never makes a comeback, I hope the system gets used again, I'd say it's perfectly viable.

Also, I'm sad that the game ended before my favorite MC character was made into a mini, I think the Imperial 'Trencher's' are the coolest. I've got some sculpting ability, and now that i have referance for the scale, maybe I'll try hacking out my own based on the look of the old minis.

I think the one major reason it didnt take off well was because of the differences in scale in comparison to the older warzone figs.

It was a pretty big turn off for most people. And now that the game is dead, its hard to take those old metal figs and integrate them into this game for the same reasons.

Shame.

Hellfury said:

I think the one major reason it didnt take off well was because of the differences in scale in comparison to the older warzone figs.

It was a pretty big turn off for most people. And now that the game is dead, its hard to take those old metal figs and integrate them into this game for the same reasons.

Shame.

This is by far the complaint I heard the most. People I was certain would buy in said this.

just got this game,and cant wait to play it. only...no one plays it in the PDX area. sad.gif

Still alive here in Central California as well. But then again, we are primarily grognards so we play what we want, not what is, "alive."

Enjoy everyone, post battle reports if you have'em.

I´m also still with the game. Haven´t played it a lot during the last time, but i still like it. aplauso.gif