Stickers / Labels for 1st edition tiles?

By Athenor, in Mansions of Madness

I am already in love with 2nd edition MoM, as the original was one of my favorite games that was a bear to play and get out on the table. I'm hoping to play it this weekend, with all my bits and bobs mixed in.

I noticed, though, that in the reprinted versions of the tiles, monsters, and adventurers, the original tiles have been modified to match the new game. Notably, they do not appear to have the line of sight markers, and the tile labels are marked indoor/outdoor and what set they are on. I don't know if the Call of the Wild tiles are missing that water symbol, but unless that comes up in the app somehow, I suspect they won't.

So, for those of us with the full 1st edition, is there any chance we can get a "print on demand" or similar sticker set to modify the original tiles? It wouldn't be that hard to do a single sheet of stickers that could replace all the room titles and mark them properly as indoors / outdoors. I'm sure a company like Repolabels could help, given that they do small print runs of stickers too.

It's a small thing, but it would help with organization.. because lord knows I have no clue how to organize the tiles as-is, and the promise of future expansions is only going to make it tougher. :)

Hmm... sounds like something that could be added to the conversion kit in a future print run.

Athenor,

the LoS dots are not needed any longer in 2nd edition because Line of Sight is not implemented. So, it seems logical to remove unnecessary elements from those components (they do not impact functionality). As for Indoor / Outdoor tiles: some effects in the app target investigators in Outdoor spaces, for example. It's pretty evident what an Outdoor and an Indoor tile should be, but still, it's nice that these were labelled on the tiles

Yeah, that's what I noticed, and I figured the reprints would remove the features that were 1st specific. Dunno if they'll do anything with impassable walls or not with the large entryway foyer that we saw in our first game. :)

Holy hell is this a good game. Jeeeez. I can't wait for more! We were able to find things relatively quickly, although again the lack of clear markings on which was what was a little tough. But trying to orient things so that all the "inside" tiles were one direction and "outside" tiles were the other helped.