Could not be more excited!

By blkdymnd, in Runewars Miniatures Game

For two reasons...

A) This feels like the X-Wing system... on the ground... with infantry... and heroes... and monsters. I feel faint...

B) I've been wanting FFG to do another great miniatures game. I'm a big fan of Dust, and back in the day when FFG had the rights, with the help of Andy Chambers they developed the Dust Warfare rules on all their own. And it was a fantastic system. FFG knows how to do a system well, probably better than anyone does.

I loved Battlelore, but this is way more in my wheelhouse and I can't wait for this release.

IMO,it's actually kind of a weird mix of Xwing, Armada, and a few other games.The template movement is very Xwing like and the scoring system that is a mix of units killed and objective points is very armada like. They trays of each type of unit actually reminds me of an old game called Battle Masters. The trays hooking together to form squads of different formations (which affect how the squad works) is really not like any game I've played before. It's odd for sure, but alot of fun.

The thing with the trays and the miniatures on them reminds me of the game Arcane Legions.

I loved Battle Masters. And I see the Arcane Legions similarity a bit, though this looks tons better