First Edition Monster, Investigator and Tile Sets Re-releases!

By Dylath_Leen, in Mansions of Madness

My only real question; will there be ANY incentive for 1st ed. owners to buy these, or are they strictly updated re-releases for those who didn't have 1st ed.?

Edited by Llez

I don't think if you have 1E you need to buy Recurring Nightmare. I don't have CotW and FA so I'll be buying Suppressed Memories... but I own 1E, so I don't need the former. After all, it's just the minis and tiles you need... any misprints on cards or anything from previous releases are irrelevant to 2E.

I just hope they do not add stuff to these that isn't in the conversion kit, I already have the whole shebang and would hate to buy this for 2 monsters or an investigator.

I just hope they do not add stuff to these that isn't in the conversion kit, I already have the whole shebang and would hate to buy this for 2 monsters or an investigator.

That's what I want to know. Is there going to be a new [item x] that makes me need it for new scenarios?

Of course there will be, FFG understands OCD gamers.

I think if they were going to throw in something new for these boxes, then why bother including a conversion kit in the core box? I think these releases are purely for the people who missed out on or avoided the first edition/expansions but want to get the full experience with the 2nd edition.

The real question I have is if they will release some new scenarios alongside these expansions (which would have to be free to make any sense).

This is just the tiles and minis from the core box, FA and CotW. Nothing else. There will of course be other boxed expansions and dlc for the app to follow.

I would be surprised if there are any new components in these that weren't in 1st edition. FF seems to want to make both 1e owners and newbies happy, and so putting new components in these re-release sets would be pretty boneheaded.

What if I already have Call of the Wild and am only missing Forbidden Alchemy? I'd like a cheaper alternative if new scenarios are "Suppressed Memories" exclusive.

I thought of getting the investigators and monsters from the Arkham Horror collection from FFG but there is no way to get the Forbidden Alchemy tiles by themselves.

Good thing I bought 1st edition and Call of the Wild from my friend a couple of days ago. :(

I guess I'll try to sell the Call of the Wild to get the Suppressed Memories.