Normandy Sneak Peak inside Fall 2008 FFG Catalog

By player674990, in Tide of Iron

I picked up my mail today, two weeks away from the beginning of winter: the FFG 2008 Fall Catalog has shown!

Suffice the usual timetable of delays... inside there is sneak peak at elements of Normandy!

The Weather Decks have a completely different art style. The back have a radar grid, the front are similar to the Operation cards. They show the fronts of two, although obscurred: Thunderstorm(s?) and Extreme Heat. Thunderstorms don't allow air support cards, affect contact rolls on artillery cards, movement of vehicles, and something for infantry. Extreme Heat says something about "...not assault...", something about routing units, and a -1 penalty...

Also, there show two Op Cards: Medal of Honor and Ammunition Depot. Medal of HOnor is completely obscurred, but there is the full text for Ammunition Depot:

Ammunition Depot Op Card #022

You may pay 1 command at the start of each Action Phase. If you do, declare the squad you wish to refit on the depot. Roll a die, and on a result of 3, 4, 5, or 6 replace two regular infantry with a mortar crew or machine gun crew or vice versa.

Also, they show what seems to be a bunker tile--the size of regular overlays, not the pillboxes or entrenchments. A two hex bridge and two buildings in one and two-hex overlays.

Wish I had a scanner... but...they should release more info online soon. ..

LOL - the Fall Catalog, eh? Thanks for the info. Do you think it will actually be released before the New Year?

I thought I saw that some of the dealers on BGG were "estimating" mid Jan. 09' for pre-order delivery dates?